Enjoy a practically effortless treat any time of year!
These no-bake cookies have a rich, chocolatey flavor with a hint of peanut butter and oats. Simmer on the stove, stir, and chill.
Perfect for a quick dessert or last-minute gatherings, they’re sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Our Favorite No-Bake Cookies
- Soft, chewy, and delicious peanut butter no-bake cookies are a quick and easy treat!
- A favorite for kids and adults alike, these come together in minutes without having to turn on the oven!
- Make ahead so they’re ready for last-minute get-togethers and gift-giving!
- Just like no-bake energy balls, this no-bake cookie recipe is gluten and egg-free, making them a yummy snack anytime!
No Bake Cookie Ingredients
Chocolate peanut butter no-bake cookies are easy to make, no eggs, oven, or candy thermometer required!
- Base – Sugar adds sweetness but also creates the perfect texture. Butter adds flavor and milk give the right consistency.
- Cocoa Powder – Cocoa powder adds a rich chocolatey flavor.
- Oatmeal – Quick cooking oats give these cookies a chewy texture and help bind the ingredients. If you have only old fashioned oats or rolled oats, give them a quick blitz in the food processor or blender.
- Peanut Butter – Choose crunch or creamy peanut butter! Almond butter or cashew butter can be used as well. Sunflower seed butter is an excellent choice for nut-free cookies.
- Variations – Chia seeds, coconut, semi-sweet or white chocolate chips, and chopped pieces of dried fruit make no-bake cookies extra tasty!
How to Make No-Bake Cookies
- Bring sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa to a boil in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat and whisk in peanut butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Stir in oats and use a cookie scoop to drop onto a pan. Refrigerate until set.
Storing No Bake Cookies
Store no bake cookies at room temperature for up to 1 week. For longer storage, keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Place them in a zippered bag in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Did your family love these No-Bake Cookies? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
No Bake Cookies
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick oats
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa powder. Bring it to a boil over medium heat. Once it is at a rolling boil, boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the peanut butter, vanilla, and salt until smooth. Stir in oats. Drop by spoonfuls or use a cookie scoop to drop the oat mixture on the prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Use quick-cooking oats and real butter for the best consistency.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat.
- Allow the mixture to come to a rolling boil and boil for 1 minute. Start timing the mixture once it is at a full boil.
- Avoid overcooking the mixture.
- Cool completely before eating.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!