Energy Balls are a versatile snack with so many possibilities and best of all, no baking required!
These will quell that mid-afternoon monster craving and they are sweet, delicious, and loaded with nutrients — yet taste like a treat!
- Energy balls are so quick and easy to make.
- No baking required.
- The peanut butter in this recipe is rich in protein and the oats are a healthy addition. M&Ms and chocolate chips add a little decadence.
- These are ideal for a quick afternoon pick me up, just tuck one into a lunchbox or briefcase!
- These can be made ahead and keep well in the fridge or freezer.
Ingredients & Variations
PEANUT BUTTER I use regular (not all-natural) peanut butter but other kinds of nut or seed butter can be swapped for peanut butter.
THE SWEETENER This recipe calls for agave which is low on the glycemic index but honey or pure maple syrup (not pancake syrup) can be used in place.
OATS Oats are high in fiber and are a great antioxidant. They provide a great base in this recipe and lots of texture.
THE ADD-INS Energy balls are great for mixing and matching extra ingredients for a range of tastes and flavors. For added nutrition, the balls can be rolled in unsweetened coconut, hemp seeds, or even broken pieces of cashew.
A scoop of collagen is one of the add-ins suggested for this recipe, but vanilla protein powder would also taste great.
How to Make Energy Balls
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients & mix per recipe below.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, place balls of dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- These will keep in the refrigerator for 1 week, and they will freeze for up to 4 months.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment by trying different add-ins and variations.
- Overnight Oats – hearty & healthy
- Easy Acai Bowl Recipe – ready in 10 minutes
- Easy No-Bake Energy Balls – freezer friendly
- 10 Minute No-Bake Granola Bars – so easy to make
- Berry Banana Smoothie Bowl – loaded with fresh berries
Did your family love these Monster Cookie Energy Balls? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
No Bake Monster Energy Balls
- 2 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup peanut butter creamy or crunchy
- ½ cup agave syrup or honey
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup mini M&M’s
- 1 scoop collagen or vanilla protein powder, optional
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop balls onto a parchment lined pan.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Once chilled roll each scoop into a ball.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)