Refreshing, fizzy and a little bit spicy, this Moscow mule recipe is the perfect cocktail to impress your friends (and your taste buds)!
Aka “Vodka Buck”, this classic is definitely a little different! A combination of ginger beer, vodka, mint, and lime, it’s great keeps simple or with fruit.
What is in a Moscow Mule?
There are few ingredients in a Moscow Mule, and none of them are hard to find!
- Vodka. Plain or even flavored is great in this recipe.
- Lime Juice is pretty self-explanatory, but you’ll definitely want to squeeze fresh juice for this cocktail. Store-bought juice tends to have a bitter flavor.
- Ginger Beer (not to be confused with ginger ale) can be fairly mild but sometimes it can have some serious attitude. Try out different kinds to find your favorite, you’d be surprised how much they can vary!
- Mint leaves, reminiscent of the Classic Mojito, will cool things down a bit and provide contrast to the zippy mixer. (And it makes for great presentation too!)
How to Make a Moscow Mule
Making a Moscow mule is quick and easy.
- Fill a copper mug with ice (or a regular glass if it’s what you have on hand).
- Add ingredients (recipe below) and give a stir. Not too much, you’ll want to keep the ginger beer nice and fizzy!
- Garnish with lime wedge and fresh mint leaves.
Why is a Moscow Mule Made in a Copper Mug?
Moscow Mules are best served in copper mugs. There’s something about copper that conducts cold temperature making the drink seem super icy and unusually cold!
Plus copper mugs are so pretty, and they make these cocktails look incredibly appealing! Also, it’s just how mules should be served!
To Make This Drink Non-Alcoholic
My 15 year old LOVES moscow mules (without alcohol of course). To make this cocktail into a mocktail, simply skip the vodka. So simple and so delicious!
- change the vodka for flavored vodka (cranberry or peach are great)
- add various fruits, oranges, mangoes, peaches to name a few
- swap out the mint for other herbs (strawberry & basil is a great combo)
- swap out vodka for rum, tequila, gin, whisky or another favorite
- Frozen Pina Colada – great for a crowd
- Easy White Sangria – ready in 10 mins!
- Raspberry Mimosa – and mocktails!
- Spiked Eggnog Latte – perfect for winter
- Mango Margaritas – tart, sweet & easy to customize!
- Cranberry Moscow Mule – sweet & tangy
Did you enjoy this Moscow Mule? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Moscow Mule Recipe
- 2 ounces vodka
- ½ ounce lime juice fresh
- 4 ounces ginger beer
- 2 sprigs mint
- Fill a glass or moscow mule mug with ice.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Give a stir and garnish with lime wedges and mint.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!