Try the ultimate alcohol-infused hot weather drink. This frozen pina colada recipe is poured together in a bucket and frozen.
No blending required. To serve, simply scoop and enjoy!
Coconut cream, lime, pineapple juice, and coconut rum are frozen together to make this iconic drink. Grab a glass and a slice of pineapple for a drink that’s ready all summer long!
An Easy Make Ahead Frozen Cocktail
- This frozen pina colada is one of the BEST summer recipes!
- With only 4 simple ingredients, this cocktail can be made at any time, no blender required.
- Make ahead of time and enjoy a scoop or two at a moment’s notice.
- It’s delicious and is an easy make-ahead recipe.
What’s in a Frozen Pina Colada?
Lime-Aid This is a concentrated drink mix with a sweet and tart flavor.
Coconut Cream – Coconut Cream (which is what you do want in this recipe) is thicker than coconut milk and has more flavor but isn’t overly sweet. Coconut Cream can sometimes be a little tricky to find. It can be found in most grocery stores. Do not purchase cream of coconut, it is too sweet and is not the same as coconut cream.
Juice – Pineapple juice is used in this recipe, but any tropical juice will taste great. Lychee, mango, jackfruit, or star fruit juice can all be used.
Coconut Rum – Any coconut rum will work! Malibu or Bicardi coconut rum are both great options.
To Make Pina Coladas Without Alcohol
For a fun twist (or for a virgin pina colada), leave out the rum and scoop frozen pina colada mix halfway into a glass adding club soda or lemon-lime soda.
Because the alcohol keeps it from freezing solid, the non-alcoholic version takes a little bit more to scrape out so freeze in a shallower dish (such as a 9×13 pan). You may need to leave it to sit out a bit longer than 15 minutes before scraping.
And don’t forget to garnish the drink with a maraschino cherry and a slice of pineapple!
How to Make Frozen Pina Coladas
This is the perfect drink for the patio or poolside this summer!
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large ice cream pail (as per the recipe below).
- Place the bucket in the freezer overnight, stirring after 4 hours.
- Take out of the freezer and let sit for about 15 minutes to soften before serving.
Make it up to a week ahead of time and have it on hand for the weekend get-together.
More Summer Cocktails to Try
Did you make this Frozen Pina Colada recipe? Be sure to leave us a comment below!
Frozen Pina Colada (in a bucket)
- 48 ounces pineapple juice or tropical juice
- 1 can coconut cream 13-15 ounces
- 12 ounces coconut rum
- 4 ounces dark rum
- 10 ounces frozen lime-aid concentrate 1 can
- Optional: Club Soda or Lemon-Lime Soda
- Combine all ingredients in a large ice cream pail or another bucket.
- Freeze overnight, stirring after about 4 hours.
- Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- Run a lime around the edge of a glass and dip in sugar if desired.
- Fill glass with frozen Pina Colada mix & enjoy or fill glass half full of Pina Colada Mix and top with soda or lemon-lime soda.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!