Homemade Irish Cream is the perfect addition to your morning coffee, delicious served over ice cream and perfect over ice for sipping.
Did you know it takes less than 5 minutes to make this Copycat Baileys Irish Cream at home (and the flavor is amazing)?
This easy recipe comes from the McNab Family Cookbook, a little self published cookbook with some of my favorite Irish inspired recipes (among many other goodies). There are actually 3 Homemade Baileys Irish cream recipes in my little book with different ingredients (eggs, chocolate syrup and rum). I combined the parts I liked best to create this delicious recipe.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk thickens and sweetens the mixture.
- Light Cream makes this creamy of course and helps balance out the sweetness of the condensed milk.
- Whiskey is used to spike this treat. No need for a fancy whiskey, an inexpensive brand works just as well.
- Flavor Instant coffee and vanilla add flavor.
To Make Irish Cream without Alcohol
This Irish cream can be made without alcohol. Skip the whiskey and add a teaspoon or so of rum extract or whiskey extract. Brands can vary so add a little bit at a time until you reach the desired flavor!
As long as your cream is fresh, this will last about 2 weeks in the fridge.
If giving this as a gift, leave a note to ensure your recipients refrigerate it.
Recipes to Spike with Irish Cream
- Baileys Brownies
- Copycat Shamrock Shake
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Affogato (ice cream & espresso)
- Homemade Eggnog
Copycat Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 ounces
- 2 cups light cream or half and half
- 1 cup whiskey
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake to mix well. Chill at least 24 hours before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)