Classic Mojitos are my go-to cocktail!
This easy mojito recipe features freshly squeezed lime juice, muddled mint, a quick simple syrup and a splash of rum. The result is a refreshing and delicious cocktail that everyone will request again and again!Making Mojitos is kind of my “thing”… I have become known in my neighborhood for my Mojitos.. and there is always a pitcher just waiting to be served! I sometimes make flavored mojitos (like watermelon) but I always love a classic mojito best!
I buy fresh limes when they go on sale and juice them all using an inexpensive electric juicer. I divide the fresh lime juice into 1 cup portions in little freezer bags and freeze it. Whenever anyone pops over I just use the frozen lime juice straight from the freezer and add in the other ingredients. If you’re just doing one pitcher of mojitos, a citrus reamer works perfectly too!
For my daughter, I make a non-alcoholic mojito the exact same way without the rum and she loves them! These are great with vodka too and you can easily adjust the sweetness by adding more or less simple syrup!
Since my garden is crazy full of mint every year, this is the perfect way to enjoy it!
Items You’ll Need for This Recipe
Classic Mojito Recipe
- 7 limes approx. 1 cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ¾ cup simple syrup or to taste, recipe below
- 1 cup white rum
- club soda
- Juice the limes into a 2L jug (I use this juicer for this recipe and tons of other recipes! Great tool to have.)
- Add the mint and muddle/squish really well to release the flavors of the mint.
- Add 1 cup of rum drink and ¾ cup of simple syrup or more to taste (recipe below).
- Fill the jug with ice (mine was 2L), top with Club Soda & stir.
- Bring 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water to a boil. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Cool and store in the fridge. (I keep mine in a clean creamer container).