If you’ve never baked with zucchini before, it’s something you absolutely MUST try! You can’t taste the flavor of zucchini in your baking but it makes your baking so moist and amazing… the kids will never know! I’ve used it in everything from brownies to bread!
I had a massive zucchini given to me this year (it was 7.5 lbs, check it out here) and I grated and froze a lot of it (more on how to freeze zucchini here). I ended up with a whopping 26 cups of shredded zucchini and this was one of my favorite things I made with it! I made these 3 times within a week… LOL, they were pretty popular in our household! (In fact, I served them to myself on my birthday)!
Lemon Zucchini Cupcakes
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 2 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- rind from one lemon approx. 2 teaspoons
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ⅔ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups zucchini shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Combine eggs, sugar, oil, lemon juice, milk, rind, and extract in a large bowl. Stir in dry ingredients until well combined.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Line a cupcake pan with papers. Fill each well 2/3 full and bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with cream cheese frosting or lemon buttercream. (I used Lemon Buttercream)