These cookies can be easily altered to include practically anything you might have kicking around your pantry. M&Ms, peanut butter or white chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries, nuts… basically everything but the kitchen sink! :)
Best Ever Monster Cookies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (either smooth or chunky will work)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups total of any of the following:
- Dried fruit such as cranberries, blueberries, cherries, raisins
- Chocolate or peanut butter M&Ms, any kind of baking chip such as peanut butter or white chocolate, toffee bits
- Chopped nuts of any sort- cashews, peanuts, walnuts, almonds and pumpkin seeds are all great
Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cream together peanut butter, butter, molasses, and vanilla until fluffy. Add eggs and beat well. Add sugar and mix until incorporated.
Place oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk until combined.
Add dry ingredients a bit at a time to wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
Drop in your mix-ins, stir gently to combine.
Using a cookie scoop, drop cookie dough in golf-ball sized portions on prepared pans. Leave about 3 inches between cookies.
Bake 10-12 minutes or just until golden on the edges.
Allow cookies to cool about 3 minutes on the pan. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)