Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, nothing says home-baked goodness like a hot-from-the-oven pan of these cookies!
Perfect for Every Occasion
Whether you are making them for a bake sale, a church social or just at home on a rainy day with the kiddos, this is the best oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe you will ever have! Cookies make a quick and easy dessert recipe and are simple to serve and enjoy! It is quick to assemble and the dough can be frozen for a chewy, chocolate-y delicious treat any time!
How to Make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
The best oatmeal chocolate chips cookies start with the chocolate, of course! You can use either dark or milk chocolate chips.
Ingredients & Prep
First, assemble all your ingredients and preheat your oven! The process goes a lot smoother if you have everything set out.
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature. Cold butter won’t blend as well and fully melted butter won’t create the loft (height) you want.
- Eggs will whip up fluffier if they are at room temperature.
- Line your pan with parchment paper (or a Silpat baking mat) for perfect cookies and easy cleanup!
Mix & Bake
Next mix all of your ingredients together!
- Whisk together the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Cream together your butter, sugars and vanilla using an electric mixer until fluffy. Don’t have an electric mixer? No worries, this recipe will turn out great with a wooden spoon and a little muscle! Add in the eggs.
- Gradually add in the dry mixture a little bit at a time until it’s all mixed well and looks uniform. Fold in chocolate chips.
To Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
How Long to Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: Bake 10 to 12 minutes in the middle rack of the oven. Once removed from oven, allow to cool about 2 minutes on the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe makes 2 dozen 3” wide cookies, more or less, depending on how big you want them.
To Make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Ahead
The dough for these cookies can be made ahead and refrigerated for about 1 week. Allow the dough to soften to room temperature before scooping.
To Freeze: This dough can also be frozen before baking. Scoop dough onto a parchment lined pan (they can be close together since you’re not baking them on the pan) and freeze. Once frozen, remove from the pan and store in a freezer bag or airtight container.
To bake from frozen: Place 2″ apart on the baking pan. Bake directly from frozen about 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
How Long do Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Last?
Oatmeal chocolate cookies will last in an airtight container or a ziplock bag for up to two weeks.
Pro Tip: If you want to keep them even fresher and chewier, place a slice of sandwich bread inside the container to keep them fresher longer!
Need More Cookie Recipes?
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies – easy delicious cake mix cookie!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars – take these fun cookie bars on the go!
- Easy Sugar Cookies – classic that always impresses.
- Funfetti Cookies – a fun twist on a classic sugar cookie.
- No Bake Oatmeal Cookies – chocolatey and fudge-y and no bake!!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 ½ cups quick cooking oats
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Gradually add the oat mixture a little bit at a time until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until just lightly browned on the edges. Cool 2 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.