Funfetti Cookies: These soft baked, chewy, bakery style Funfetti Sugar Cookies are the ultimate sugar cookie. They are super soft, loaded with tons of sprinkles, taste sweet and buttery, but aren’t at all greasy, and are very easy to make.
I recently made a big batch of homemade pecan sandies, and it opened up the world of delicious homemade cookies. No more Keebler Pecan Sandies for me, I will make my own. I had been lazy about cookies, either buying them at the store or a local bakery. And the same is true of these sugar funfetti cookies.
See, there is a bakery near by that makes these huge soft batch funfetti sugar cookies, and they are studded with chunks of white chocolate and tons of sprinkles. Well, I found myself in their drive-thru way too often, paying $3-$4 a cookie, when I decided it was time to make my own.
How do you make birthday cake cookies? Look no further! Making sprinkle cookies homemade is simple, and requires ingredients you probably already have. This easy funfetti cookies recipe is no exception. Funfetti cake mix cookies are good, but these homemade funfetti cookies from scratch taste even better. And these softbatch funfetti sugar cookies are school friendly cookies! No nuts to speak of.
These sugar cookies with sprinkles are to-die-for. They are so soft and chewy, but with that perfectly crisp exterior so every bite is sweet and flavorful, and gives you texture and crunch. Basically when you pair this funfetti cookie recipe with a glass of milk, you are set.
The first success I ever had baking was with this easy banana bread. And I quickly learned that baking will turn out every time if you follow some simple rules. Things like how to measure flour, or which ingredients should be room temperature, or always pre-heat your oven will make a big difference in the success of a baked recipe. This is why I want to share some of the tips that will ensure a no-fail success for these homemade funfetti sugar cookies.
Tips for Funfetti Cookies:
These funfetti cake cookies are easy to make, but there are a few things you really should keep in mind:
- Measure your flour by spooning it out of the container and into the measuring cup. This will ensure it is not too dense.
- Cream your butter until it is fluffy and pale in color. This is so important to getting the right texture and making these funfetti cookies delish, so don’t skip it!
- Make sure your egg is room temp. Room temperature is a big deal when baking. So if you forget to pull your egg out early enough to allow it to get to room temp, just pop it in a glass of warm water for 5-10 minutes.
- Chill your dough. This is absolutely mandatory. If you don’t, instead of a pillowy-soft, delicious cookie, your cookies will spread, and be thin and crispy, and a completely different texture.
- These tasty funfetti cookies will store well for up to a week in an airtight container.
More Amazing Cookies!
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies – Super popular recipe!
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies – easy and beautiful
- Watergate Cookies – Oldie but goodie
- ½ cup butter softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup sprinkles
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips
- Cream the softened butter for about 1 minute on medium speed in a large bowl, with a paddle attachment or hand mixer, until nice and smooth.
- Add sugar and continue to cream until fluffy.
- Add egg, continuing to mix. Then add vanilla.
- Scrape down sides of the mixing bowl, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Return to the bowl with butter and sugar mixture, and turn the mixer on to a low speed, then slowly add the flour mixture.
- Once combined, turn off mixer, and fold in sprinkles and chocolate chips by hand.
- Scoop the dough into 2 tablespoon-sized balls, and place 6 to a parchment lined baking sheet. You should get about 15-16 cookies.
- Chill the baking sheets with the dough for at least an hour to prevent too much spreading in the oven.
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 350°F. Bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Cool on the cookie sheets for 2-4 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely. The cookies will appear very soft once cooled Enjoy!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
These tasty soft batch sugar cookies are perfect for birthday parties, or you can change out the sprinkle colors seasonally to make halloween funfetti cookies, or fun and festive for the holidays, along with these Easy 4 Ingredient Rum Balls and amazing Eggnog Cookies.