Irish Coffee is the perfect after-dinner drink to sip at any time of year!
Saint Patrick’s Day is such a fun time of the year! It is a signal that spring is near, a great chance to break the routine and celebrate the Irish heritage and to embrace some delicious foods, treats, and cocktails! This year, why not serve your friends an unforgettable cup of Irish Coffee after your Saint Patrick’s Day meal?
Sweet and Strong with a Kick!
This recipe is easy to prepare and it is really perfect for any day of the year when you could benefit from both a drink and a cup of coffee! It is sweet, strong, and packs a decadent kick! We love to have an Irish Coffee on both chilly nights and after especially busy days!
How to Make Irish Coffee
So, what’s in an Irish Coffee? Irish Coffee Ingredients include coffee, sugar (or brown sugar), and Irish Whiskey. We top this delicious coffee drink with freshly whipped cream for the perfect after dinner coffee.
You can substitute Bailey’s Irish Cream in place of the whiskey if you prefer, but keep in mind that this variation isn’t the traditional favorite. It is, however, delicious!
Irish Coffee has a wonderful flavor with a coffee flavor, a hint of sweetness from the sugar and a delicious whiskey base. Adding the whipped cream on top adds a bit of creaminess to this drink (we usually give it a little stir before drinking).
To Make Whipped Cream for Irish Coffee you can use store bought for a quick fix or of course make homemade whipped cream!
- Combine 1/2 cup of very cold heavy cream with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Using a chilled bowl and chilled beaters, beat on low for a minute or so.
- Once the cream begins to thicken, turn the mixer to medium high and beat until thickened and stiff peaks form.
More Delicious Drinks – Hot or Cold!
- Affogato Recipe – a decadent treat
- Spiked Eggnog Latte – to warm your insides!
- Easy Strawberry Margaritas – fresh
- Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade – easy summer drink!
- Jello Shots (with Vodka) – easy and fun!
- Whipped Coffee (Dalgona) – creamy, dreamy, & easy to make
Did you enjoy this Irish Coffee? Be sure to leave a rating or a comment below!
- 1 cup (6 oz) strong brewed coffee
- 2 tsp white or brown sugar
- 1 1/2 oz Irish Whiskey
- whipped cream
- Stir sugar into coffee until dissolved. Add whiskey.
- Top with whipped cream and serve hot.
- Garnish with a cherry if desired.