Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade! This is the most amazing summer drink loaded with fresh ripe strawberries and zesty tart lemon. The entire family will love this refreshing drink, perfect for a hot summer day! Make it into a cocktail by adding a splash of vodka!
Nothing says summer like the fresh flavor of ripe strawberries and an icy glass of lemonade. This fresh strawberry lemonade recipe is the perfect summer drink with just a few simple ingredients!
The great thing about making a fruit lemonade is that you can actually use ANY kind of fruit in it and just adjust the sugar to your liking! If you want to make this into a cocktail, add a splash of vodka or even replace some of the water with sparkling wine!
I used to boil the sugar/fruit mixture before straining it but that ended up taking a lot more time. This method is quick, easy and extra delicious!
For extra flavor we love to create a lemon sugar and even use it to rim the glass. Using a vegetable peeler or zester, peel the yellow zest from 1-2 lemons lemons making sure not to get the bitter white pith underneath. Place the zest peelings in a bowl 1 one cup of sugar and allow the flavors to meld for at least 30 minutes. This sugar is delicious in the recipe, stirred into fresh tea or iced tea or sprinkled on desserts!
Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- 4 ½ cups fresh strawberries halved
- 4 lemons
- ½ cup sugar or to taste
- Place strawberries and 1 cup water in a blender. Blend until smooth and strain using a fine mesh strainer. Juice the lemons (you should get about 1 cup of juice).
- In a small jar, combine sugar and ½ cup water. Shake until sugar is completely dissolved.
- In a 2 quart pitcher add strawberry juice, lemon juice and about ¾ of the sugar mixture. Fill the pitcher halfway with ice. Add 4-5 cups of cold water and stir.
- Add more sugar mixture if desired. Serve cold.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!