Vodka Jello Shots are the perfect fun, fruity (adults only) touch to any summer celebration! An easy combo of Jell-o, water and vodka make a perfectly slurpable cocktail shot!
Jello Shots take only about 5 minutes of prep (and an hour or so to chill). Choose any fruity gelatin flavor and some fun shaped ice cube molds or even plain old ice cube trays if you must. But make sure you make plenty because they’ll be gone before you know it! Cheers!
The best jello shot recipe uses flavored vodka so you can make an assortment of colorfully tasty grown up treats! So, let’s get this party started!
What are Jello Shots?
Just as the name implies, jello shot cups are small, vodka infused party treats that everyone loves! Definitely not for the kids, but you’ll feel like a kid when you pop one or two (or more?) down the hatch!
How to Make Jello Shots
Take one box of Jell-o gelatin -any flavor will do, but try orange, cherry, watermelon, and lime for a colorful assortment that looks great on a platter or tray to pass around!
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water and add cold water and vodka.
- Pour carefully into 2 oz. molds or ice cube trays and refrigerate until set.
We find that shallow 2 oz. condiment cups make for the best jello shot cups. It is just the right depth to scoop out!
How Long Does it Take Jello Shots to Set?
Most jello shots will be pretty firmed up within the hour. But for the best results, make them several hours in advance so they are really firm and cold and ready to serve! For a little extra ‘fancy’ pass your jello shots around with some whipped cream for a sweet dollop of creaminess!
Surprise your guests, make the jello shots with coordinating flavored vodka! Watermelon vodka with watermelon gelatin, citrus vodka with lime gelatin even make orange creamsicle jello shots with vanilla vodka and orange gelatin!
Don’t be afraid to get creative and make your next celebration the one everyone talks about!
More Tasty Adult Drinks:
- Mango Margaritas – easy to whip up in 5 minutes tops!
- Raspberry Mimosa – deliciously bubbly drink.
- Frozen Pina Colada – made in a bucket!
- Classic Mojito Recipe – my go-to recipe.
- Tropical Bay Breeze Cocktail – only 4 ingredients.
- Easy White Sangria – loaded with fresh fruit!
- 3.25 oz Jell-o Gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup vodka or flavored vodka
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Combine Jell-o with boiling water. Stir until well dissolved.
- Add vodka and cold water. Mix well.
- Pour into 2 oz containers, seal with a lid and refrigerate to set at least 1 hour.