This homemade pumpkin bread recipe is the perfect fall quick bread!
Light, moist, and filled pumpkin spice and everything nice, this pumpkin bread smells as delicious as it tastes!
It’s easy to make and packed with flavor; this bread freezes beautifully too.
A Favorite Fall Quick Bread
- This quick bread is… well, quick to prepare, and it comes out moist and tender.
- Pumpkin bread is perfect to enjoy with a morning cup of coffee or as a post-workout snack.
- Get creative! You can add in nuts, chocolate chips, or even swirl in some cream cheese for a fun twist.
- It freezes well and can be made into mini loaves or mini muffins so feel free to double the recipe.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin – Choose canned pumpkin or pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling). Homemade pumpkin puree can be too moist for this recipe, affecting the final texture.
- Spice – Embrace the flavor of fall by using pumpkin pie spice or make it at home with cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice
- Dry Ingredients – All-purpose flour is the base while baking powder and soda gift it a nice rise.
- Wet Ingredients – Ensure the ingredients are at room temperature for even mixing.
- Optional Add-Ins – Try adding 1 cup raisins or cranberries or substitute pecans for walnuts. Mix in dried fruit and/or chocolate chips. It’s hard to go wrong with add-ins on this one!
How to Make Pumpkin Bread
The best pumpkin bread recipe is one that is easy to prepare and comes out perfectly moist.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl (per the recipe below).
- Whisk wet ingredients & sugar in a separate bowl. Add to dry ingredients just until moist. Stir in optional nuts or chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake until a wooden pick comes out clean, cool & serve.
Tips for Perfect Pumpkin Bread
- For best results, combine the pumpkin mixture with the dry ingredients just until moistened, don’t overmix.
- Don’t worry if the pumpkin bread develops a crack on the top; this is normal for all quick bread. It’s simply the dough expanding.
- Keep pumpkin bread covered at room temperature for up to 3 days. Freeze the entire loaf or slices in zippered bags or wrapped in foil for up to 4 months.
Did your family love this homemade Pumpkin Bread? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ¼ cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, sugar, milk, eggs, and oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir just until moistened. Fold in the nuts if using.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking and bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in the pan. Remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!