If you’re looking for a great way to start the day, we’ve got you covered! These healthy breakfast smoothie recipes are quick, easy, and there is something for everyone!
Leave a comment below and let us know what your favorite additions to a smoothie are!
Breakfast Smoothies are a great way to start the day but don’t stop there. These healthy smoothies make for a quick snack any time of day or even can be served as a vitamin-packed treat for little ones! The best thing about smoothies is you can make them with almost anything and they’re fast!
Tips for Great Breakfast Smoothies
The collection of breakfast smoothie recipes combines fruits, veggies and all of the colors of the rainbow!
- All you need is fresh or frozen fruit or ice cubes, liquid and a blender.
- If you have fruit that is about to go bad, chop and freeze for smoothies.
- Keeping a banana or two in the freezer ensures they’re extra thick and frothy.
Tools You’ll Need
You don’t need much to make smoothies. A great blender is really the only requirement.
- If you make lots of breakfast smoothies, invest in a great blender. We love both Blendtec and Vitamix.
- Ninja Foodi has the best value and price with 5 star reviews across the board.
- I’ve made countless great smoothies in a Magic Bullet as well. (Tip, as it’s blending, gently shake the bullet to help it mix better).
5 Favorite Breakfast Smoothies to Start Your Day
1. Strawberry Banana Breakfast Smoothie
A STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE is a classic combination and makes a smoothie that is so good, it tastes like dessert! Swap out vanilla yogurt for plain and skip the honey.
RECIPE TIP: If possible use a frozen banana for extra thickness.
2. Green Smoothie
A bright and citrusy GREEN SMOOTHIE is full of flavor and nutrition. Pineapple gives this breakfast smoothie a fresh bright flavor while flax seeds add extra benefits!
Pro Tip: Start by blending the kale or green with juice first. This ensures a smoother texture.
3. Mixed Berry Smoothie
A MIXED BERRY SMOOTHIE is as pretty as it is delicious! This easy breakfast needs just 4 ingredients and about 30 seconds in the blender. So easy!
4. Mango Smoothie
A MANGO SMOOTHIE is a sunny looking smoothie with fresh tropical flavor. Use milk to make it creamy or orange juice to give it more tang.
5. Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie
A BLUEBERRY BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE is a creamy, delicious way to start the day. This recipe uses bananas as a natural sweetener!
Got Leftover Smoothie?
- If you’ve got leftover smoothie, freeze it in ice cube trays and add it to your next smoothie.
- Use frozen smoothie cubes in drinks or cocktails.
- Stir leftover smoothie into yogurt for a pretty new yogurt flavor.
- Use smoothie yogurt (above) to make overnight oats for the next day!
- Pour leftover smoothies into popsicle trays and freeze for healthy treats!
More Breakfast Smoothies That Top Our List
Fresh and flavorful, kiwis & greens make this smoothie both healthy and delicious.
An acai smoothie bowl is a super-powered superfood bowl. Bright and delicious, top with your favorite nuts, oats or granola.
Fresh and frosty, a kale smoothie packs a big nutrition punch into a glass.
Banana Berry Breakfast Smoothie Bowl is a fun and fruity breakfast that tastes like dessert.
This green smoothie is packed with flavor and easy to make!
Smoothie Toppings and Additions
- Coconut, toasted nuts
- Granola or oats
- Fresh fruit
- Seeds like sunflower seeds, pepitas, or flax seeds
- Whipped cream or yogurt
What are your favorite smoothie additions and toppings? Share in a comment below!