A Banana Berry Smoothie Bowl is all the rage in breakfast options these days. This recipe is a sweet & smooth combination of yogurt, berries, milk and banana topped with a nutritious crunch of granola.
Totally tasty and totally portable, this banana berry granola bowl has got it all. Reduce the milk in a mango smoothie or a healthy green smoothie, or try making this yummy acai bowl for endless smoothie bowl options!
What Exactly Is A Smoothie Bowl?
A smoothie bowl can be a lot of things, and while similar to a strawberry banana smoothie, this one has a thicker base of yogurt and chunks of fresh or frozen fruit and berries on top.
While some are blended, I leave some pieces whole and top the whole thing with a variety of mix-ins for the perfect flavor combination every time!
Endless Options and Additions…
Get creative with the base and your smoothie bowl options. Make fun flavor combinations, patterns, lines, or just sprinkle your favorites right on top.
YOGURT: The base of a banana berry granola bowl is almost always yogurt. Greek yogurt is thicker and firmer and makes a great base, but any kind of yogurt will do.
FRUIT: Get creative with the flavors that will complement the fruit and toppings! Sliced bananas are popular as are berries, strawberries, grapes, melon, and even some veggies like chopped kale or avocado!
TOPPINGS: Mix-ins and toppings can be nuts, chia seeds, granola, dried fruit chips, or even mini chocolate chips!
To Make a Smoothie Bowl
When you see how easy it is to make a smoothie bowl, it’ll become a go-to breakfast!
- Combine the yogurt, frozen berries, banana and milk in a blender.
- Divide the smoothie mixture into two bowls.
Add your favorite toppings and serve immediately!
More Great Breakfast Options
- Fresh Summer Fruit Salad – made with 8 tasty fruits
- Favorite Breakfast Cookies – packed with fruit, fiber, and nuts
- Strawberry Chocolate Breakfast Parfaits – 3 ingredient strawberry sauce!
- No Bake Granola Bars – ready in 10 mins!
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie– delicious meal on the go
Berry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- ½ cup yogurt plain or vanilla
- 2 cups frozen strawberries/berry mixture
- 1 banana frozen is best
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup granola with nuts
- 1 banana
- 1 cup mixed berries
- Combine yogurt, frozen berries, banana and milk in a blender. Blend until smooth adding more milk as needed.
- Divide smoothie mixture over 2 bowls.
- Top with fruit and granola. Drizzle with extra milk or cream if desired. Serve immediately.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)