This blueberry smoothie recipe hits the spot with creamy yogurt and frozen fruit!
Smoothies are a great way to enjoy a healthy meal on the go and the perfect solution to a busy morning.
Fave Blueberry Smoothie
The best blueberry smoothie is thick, rich and full of fruity flavor. Full-fat yogurt and bananas make this rich and creamy!
FRUIT – Bananas are a natural thickener (and sweetener) for smoothies. I always keep some in the freezer which helps keep the consistency nice and thick. If you don’t have frozen bananas, fresh work too but add a couple of ice cubes to the mixture to thicken it a bit more (and use frozen berries).
Of course, blueberries are sweet, tart, and colorful, use fresh or frozen.
MILK – I use regular milk because it’s what I have on hand. Oat milk, coconut milk, or other non-diary choices work well. No milk? No problem. Orange juice is a great substitution.
How to Make a Blueberry Smoothie
Blueberry smoothies are a one-step wonder in the kitchen.
- Use frozen bananas and fruit for a thicker smoothie.
- If you don’t have frozen bananas, a few ice cubes will thicken the mixture.
- Sweeten with a drizzle of maple syrup, honey, or agave syrup.
- Got leftovers? Pour into an ice cube tray and freeze the cubes. Pop them out and keep them in freezer bags to add to new smoothies.
- Stir a frozen smoothie cube into a bowl of hot cereal like oatmeal to cool it for kids and for fruity flavor.
More Fave Smoothies
- Mango Smoothie – with ground flax
- Our Favorite Berry Smoothie – a perfect grab-and-go breakfast
- Green Smoothie Recipe – so healthy
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie – a 5 star recipe
- Berry Banana Smoothie Bowl – Smoothie in a bowl!
Did your family love these Blueberry Smoothies? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 banana frozen , cut into chunks
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
I made the strawberry smoothie it was great
First one I tried with non fat Greek yogurt that I really liked thanks for posting can’t wait to try the rest
Healthy, Easy, DELICIOUS!! What could be better? Definitely coming back to this recipe, THANKS SO MUCH!!
You’re so very welcome Elizabeth!
I make one similar to this only with cottage instead Yogurt. Very yummy‼️
Sounds great Carolyn!
Holly, this was so easy and delicious! Thanks for making it fun!
Thank you Debbie! I’m so happy to hear that!