This blueberry smoothie recipe hits the spot with creamy yogurt and frozen fruit!
Smoothies are a great way to enjoy a healthy meal on the go and the perfect solution to a busy morning.
Fave Blueberry Smoothie
The best blueberry smoothie is thick, rich and full of fruity flavor. Full-fat yogurt and bananas make this rich and creamy!
FRUIT – Bananas are a natural thickener (and sweetener) for smoothies. I always keep some in the freezer which helps keep the consistency nice and thick. If you don’t have frozen bananas, fresh work too but add a couple of ice cubes to the mixture to thicken it a bit more (and use frozen berries).
Of course, blueberries are sweet, tart, and colorful, use fresh or frozen.
MILK – I use regular milk because it’s what I have on hand. Oat milk, coconut milk, or other non-diary choices work well. No milk? No problem. Orange juice is a great substitution.
How to Make a Blueberry Smoothie
Blueberry smoothies are a one-step wonder in the kitchen.
- Use frozen bananas and fruit for a thicker smoothie.
- If you don’t have frozen bananas, a few ice cubes will thicken the mixture.
- Sweeten with a drizzle of maple syrup, honey, or agave syrup.
- Got leftovers? Pour into an ice cube tray and freeze the cubes. Pop them out and keep them in freezer bags to add to new smoothies.
- Stir a frozen smoothie cube into a bowl of hot cereal like oatmeal to cool it for kids and for fruity flavor.
More Fave Smoothies
- Mango Smoothie – with ground flax
- Our Favorite Berry Smoothie – a perfect grab-and-go breakfast
- Green Smoothie Recipe – so healthy
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie – a 5 star recipe
- Berry Banana Smoothie Bowl – Smoothie in a bowl!
Did your family love these Blueberry Smoothies? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 banana frozen , cut into chunks
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.