No summer bbq is complete without fresh grilled veggies!
Seasoned chunks of zucchini, peppers, onions, mushrooms, asparagus, and tomatoes (or your fave veggies) are grilled to juicy caramelized perfection!
Grilled vegetables are the perfect side dish for almost any summer meal.
Flavorful Summer Veggies
We keep the vegetable marinade simple so the flavor of the veggies can shine through.
- Fresh from the garden or farmer’s market, grilled veggies should be on everyone’s summer grilling menu! This recipe is absolutely effortless and is ready in minutes!
- Cooked until they are lightly charred and with a sweet, smoky flavor, grill up a rainbow of veggies for a side or even to enjoy as a grilled salad.
- This grilled veggie recipe is a healthy and lower-calorie side dish to serve with bbq chicken, steaks, chops, or fish.
The Best Vegetables to Grill
Vegetables – Zucchini (or yellow squash), red onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, asparagus, and tomatoes are an ideal combination to grill! Other options include, (but aren’t limited to!), par-cooked chunks of potatoes, 1” rounds of fresh corn, eggplant, broccoli or cauliflower florets, or halved brussels sprouts.
Seasonings – Just a little olive oil, lemon juice, and some fresh garlic and parsley make a light marinade that brings out the best of the caramelized flavors of the veggies.
How to Grill Veggies
It’s super easy to make these tasty vegetables!
- Toss veggies in a bowl with veggie marinade until coated.
- Place on the grill and cook until the desired doneness, turning (or shaking a grill basket) until the vegetables are lightly charred.
- Serve hot or room temperature.
Drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar or top with a little parmesan cheese or even chimichurri sauce before serving, if desired.
- Cut the veggies large enough that they can’t slip through the grates.
- If desired, use a bbq mat, grill pan, or grilling basket to cook the veggies.
- As the vegetables start to become tender, remove them from the grill and place them on a plate.
- This grilled vegetable recipe can be served hot off the grill or at room temperature.
- Leftover vegetables are great added to pasta or even salads.
More Grilled Vegetable Recipes
Did your family enjoy these Grilled Veggies? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- 1 medium zucchini sliced diagonally, ½" thick
- 1 small red onion cut into wedges
- 1 red bell pepper or orange, cut into 1" wide strips
- 8 ounces large mushrooms halved
- 1 bunch asparagus trimmed
- 4 Roma tomatoes or 8 campari tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon each salt & pepper more to taste
- additional fresh basil and parsley for serving optional
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, about 375°F-400°F.
- Place prepared vegetables in a large bowl on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Add the seasoning mix and toss well to coat.
- Remove vegetables from the bowl and place them on the preheated grill (or in a grilling basket or on a grill mat).
- Grill for 8-12 minutes (turning halfway through) or until cooked to desired doneness, removing vegetables as they are cooked.
- Garnish with additional fresh herbs if desired. Serve warm.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!