Summertime and grillin’ are super easy (and delicious) with this recipe for juicy grilled chicken thighs!
Boneless, skinless chicken thighs are tossed in a simple yet delicious marinade making them extra juicy and yummy.
Best of all, most of the ingredients are probably already on hand. Simply mix, marinate, and grill!
Perfectly Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Chicken thighs are extra juicy cooked on the grill.
- Adding a chicken marinade makes them extra tender and adds tons of flavor.
- It takes just minutes to prep the marinade and then only about 10-15 minutes to grill (of course time for marinating in between too). Easy peasy!
- Grill chicken thighs on a gas or charcoal grill.
Chicken – This recipe uses boneless skinless thighs, but bone-in/skin-on thighs will work great too! (If using bone-in chicken, the cook time and method will change, I would suggest following the method in my bbq chicken recipe).
Marinade – Simple ingredients like vinegar, mustard, and soy sauce make up the base for the marinade.
As long as you have oil, sweetness, acid, and a bit of bold flavor, ingredients can easily be substituted. Switch it up by using ketchup, lemon or lime juice, paprika, garlic cloves, or even Italian dressing! Make a signature marinade and sauce!
How to Grill Chicken Thighs
This marinade comes together in a snap:
- Whisk marinade ingredients in a bowl or shake them up in a zippered bag.
- Add chicken and marinate in the refrigerator up to 4 hours, but at least 30 minutes.
- Grill the thighs over direct heat for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side (per the recipe below).
How to Store Leftovers
- This chicken thighs recipe makes great leftovers. Tuck them into a wrap or even on a bun or over a salad.
- Keep grilled chicken thighs in a zippered bag or airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- To reheat, just microwave for a minute or two or reheat in the air fryer with a bit of bbq sauce.
More Grilled Chicken Recipes
Did your family love these Grilled Chicken Thighs? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Grilled Chicken Thighs
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary slightly crushed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a small bowl or a freezer bag. Mix well.
- Add chicken thighs and allow to marinate at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs and cook 5-7 minutes per side or until chicken reaches 165°F.
- Rest 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!