Everyone loves Garlic Cheese Toast, it’s a perfect way to soak up rich and savory juices from all kinds of sauces!
A mixture of cheeses, butter, and garlic all slathered on thick white bread and baked until bubbly and golden brown. What’s not to love?
Why This Recipe is Our Fav!
Butter. Cheese. Garlic. Bread. ‘Nuff said.
You can get creative with the cheese, try different flavors! Use any cheese you have on hand.
BREAD For the best garlic cheese toast, you want to use a thickly sliced white bread, either regular or sourdough. At the supermarket, it is sometimes in the frozen section and called “Texas Toast.” Look for bread that is thick enough to hold the toppings and thick enough for dipping into soups and sauces!
BUTTER Use butter for best results. Margarine will work as well, but won’t have quite the flavor that butter does!
CHEESE I used cheddar, Monterey Jack, and parmesan cheese. Feel free to use any cheese you have on hand! Mozza, Emmental, or Swiss will all taste great!
GARLIC Fresh, minced garlic really kicks this up a notch. Add more or less depending on your love for garlic!
How to Make Garlic Cheese Toast
This cheese toast recipe is ready in 3 easy steps!
- Butter one side of the bread.
- Blend butter, garlic, and cheeses until smooth.
- Spread mixture over the unbuttered sides of the toast and bake until bubbly and crisp!
For a darker, crispier version, place the toast under the broiler for about 1 minute or until the top is browned.
Reheat in the oven and enjoy it on its own as a quick snack. Or whip up a quick ham and cheese panini between two pieces of garlic cheese toast for a delicious bite on the go!
Leftovers can also be cut into cubes to make croutons!
- Spread cubed toast out on a sheet pan and bake for 250°F for about 30 minutes or until the croutons are dried out and crunchy.
- Store in a zippered bag or an airtight container until ready to toss on a salad or in a soup!
More Garlicky Bread to Try
- Homemade Garlic Bread – classic side dish!
- Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks – so delicious
- Best Homemade Garlic Butter – great on bread or veggies
- Bacon Cheddar Garlic Bread – fully loaded
- Garlic Parmesan Crescent Rolls – quick & easy
- Garlic Cheddar Biscuits – ready in 25 mins
Did you love this Garlic Cheese Toast recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Garlic Cheese Toast
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons salted butter softened, divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup Monterey jack cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- salt & pepper to taste
- 10 slices thick white bread slightly dry
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Butter one side of the pieces of bread with the 2 tablespoons butter. Place on a baking sheet butter side down.
- Combine remaining butter, garlic and cheeses in a food processor. Pulse until mixed.
- Spread over the unbuttered side of the bread. Place in the oven on the middle rack and bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Optional: Turn onto broil for 30-60 seconds to brown the cheese
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)