Garlic Cheddar Biscuits are the perfect side to any meal from spaghetti to fried chicken. As much as I love a good biscuit, adding cheese and garlic takes these from regular ol’ biscuits into crazy good garlic cheese bombs, a side that will truly be the star of your meal!
Biscuits are a staple around here, perfect for breakfast with jam and delicious with butter served with soup or stew.
As much as I love a good sweet biscuit drizzled with honey and butter… these cheesy cheddar biscuits definitely take the cake.
A light and flaky biscuit crust stuffed with… you guessed it, cheddar cheese and rolled in a buttery garlic topping. The result is the ultimate cheese buns! My kids call these garlic cheese bombs because they’re really just an explosion of deliciousness… and cheese.
They are small enough to serve as an appetizer but they also are PERFECT served along side any meal!
If you happen to have any leftover, the kids will love taking them for lunch! There are lots of versions of cheese biscuits out there… this is definitely my favorite! Tender crust, and ooey gooey cheese filling and a delicious garlic parmesan topping, these are the ultimate garlic cheese bombs!
While I use canned biscuits to make this extra quick, you can certainly wrap the cheese in a Homemade Biscuit Dough with equally wonderful results.
When making these biscuits, you’re going to want to work quickly so your dough stays fairly chilled and ensure you pinch the seams very well to seal. If some of the cheese happens to leak out, don’t worry… there will still be more inside and they’ll still taste amazing!! I bake them on parchment paper for easy clean up.
Speaking of biscuits, I am somewhat addicted to wrapping things in biscuit dough! They are always amazing and you can pretty much put anything in them from sweet to savory!
Stuffed BISCUITS are one of my favorite snacks and the possibilities are endless! Check out some of these other yummy stuffed biscuits:
- Bacon Cheeseburger Bombs (reader favorite!) Soft biscuits stuffed with cheese, bacon and the most delicious beef filling you have ever had!
- Cheddar Meatball Poppers Juicy meatballs and cheddar cheese wrapped in a soft biscuit crust.
- Loaded Mashed Potato Bombs It’s like a stuffed baked potato wrapped, filled with cheese and wrapped in a delicious hand held bite.
- Pizza Bombs Soft crust, pepperoni and your favorite pizza toppings loaded with cheese all wrapped in a biscuit crust.
- Cinnamon Caramel Apple Pie Roll Ups Roll ups of the dessert kind with cinnamon, apples and a hint of caramel. The perfect ending to any meal!
Really… the possibilities are endless! I’ve stuffed them with chicken pot pie filling, taco meat, cream cheese and pie filling and so much more!
Garlic Cheese Bombs
- 1 can of premade biscuits (10 pieces) (any type will work, I used Country Style)
- 20 cubes cheddar cheese (1/2" x 3/4" x 3/4") (approx 4oz total)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic , crushed
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut each biscuit in half and slightly roll out (don't worry about it being round). Place a cheese cube in the middle and wrap the biscuit dough around the cube ensuring the edges are sealed. Roll in your hands to make a ball shape.
- Place butter & garlic in a small bowl and melt in the microwave about 12 seconds. In a separate bowl, combine parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Dip each rolled biscuit into the butter mixture and then into the cheese mixture. Place on a parchment lined pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or just until browned.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Adapted from Pillsbury … & inspired by Bacon Cheeseburger Bombs
More Recipes You’ll Love