Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce is a rich, thick and meaty sauce made easy in the slow cooker.
A simple combination of ground beef & Italian sausage, tomatoes and our favorite seasonings creates a sauce perfect over pasta or in lasagna!
Easy Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce
Everyone has a spaghetti sauce recipe but this one is a favorite because it’s flavorful and incredibly easy! This versatile sauce can be kept simple or your favorite veggies, seasonings, or meats can be added.
This is our most basic recipe, perfect on its own or with your favorite add-ins.
This spaghetti sauce is made with ground beef and Italian sausage. It can be made with ground chicken, ground pork, or even ground turkey!
Onions and green peppers are added to this sauce. Switch it up and adding shredded zucchini, sliced mushrooms, or even small diced squash for an additional nutritional boost!
Fresh tomatoes can be substituted for the canned tomatoes, but the tomato paste and tomato sauce are base ingredients that give this sauce its savory deep flavor.
How to Make Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce
This recipe couldn’t be easier!
- Cook meat, onion, and garlic until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Add meat and remaining ingredients (per recipe below) to a 6QT slow cooker.
- Prepare pasta, serve with pasta sauce on top and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Tips for Success
- Drain the meat after browning.
- If you’d like a thicker sauce, simply continue to cook in the crockpot with the lid off until it is thickened, or simmer it in a saucepan until it thickens, stirring often.
- Cook spaghetti in salted water until it is al dente (a little firm). Do not rinse the pasta, this helps the sauce adhere to it.
- Freeze sauce on its own without pasta and add fresh pasta when serving.
From frozen, slow cooker spaghetti sauce should last about a month in the freezer. Simply thaw and reheat in a bowl in the microwave. Serve this slow cooker spaghetti sauce with meatballs or with just some noodles, this recipe is amazing for any occasion! Perfect for a party, a potluck, or a special family celebration!
Easy Pasta Sauces
- Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- Bucatini all’Amatriciana
- Easy Marinara Sauce
- Homemade Pesto
- Homemade Bolognese Sauce
Did your family love this Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ pound Italian sausage or use all ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes canned do not drain
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 small green bell pepper diced
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt or to taste
- 2 tablespoons each fresh parsley and basil plus extra for garnish if desired
- Brown ground beef, sausage, onions, and garlic until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Add beef mixture and remaining ingredients (except fresh herbs & pasta) to crock pot.
- Cook on High for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Stir in fresh herbs just before serving.
- Prepare spaghetti or pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain well.
- Top spaghetti with meat sauce. Garnish with additional herbs if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!