Garlic Roasted Broccoli is a quick and easy side dish that makes a simple veggie taste amazing!
Broccoli florets are tossed with a bit of oil and lots of garlic for a simple oven oven-roasted side with heaps of flavor & little effort.
How to Add Flavor to Veggies
Making roasted veggies is a great way to add an extra layer of flavor with little effort. Cooking at a high temperature adds a bit of caramelization and crust which = flavor.
Add in some bold flavors like garlic (as in this recipe) lemon zest, parmesan or even chili flakes. Generously season with salt & pepper.
Ready in 15 minutes with 4 simple ingredients this recipe is the perfect last-minute side dish.
BROCCOLI Roasted broccoli works best with fresh broccoli for a crisp exterior. Can you roast frozen broccoli? You sure can! Frozen broccoli has already been washed and trimmed. Add olive oil and roast for 25-30 minutes.
This recipe would also be delicious with cauliflower or a combination of the two!
Kitchen Tip: Don’t toss out the stem!! Cut off the tough exterior and you’ll see a lighter portion in the middle. Chop it up and add it to the pan!
SEASONINGS Keep it simple and toss the broccoli with garlic and olive oil before roasting.
No Garlic? No Problem! The garlic cloves can be replaced with 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder or a teaspoon of garlic salt! If using garlic salt don’t forget to adjust the additional salt you add to this recipe.
How to Roast Broccoli
- Wash and prep broccoli florets (per recipe below).
- Toss with olive oil and seasoning.
- Bake until tender-crisp.
Ready in 15 minutes this easy side dish is a perfect pair with any entree!
Kitchen Tip: Ensure the broccoli is very dry before roasting. Moisture in the florets will cause it to steam instead of roast.
How Long to Roast Broccoli
Roast broccoli in the oven for 10-12 minutes for tender crisp. If you prefer it softer and more browned, cook for 16 to 20 minutes.
- Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Broccoli Rice Casserole from Scratch
- Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
- 20 Minute Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Broccoli Pasta Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Quick Broccoli and Cheese
Did you enjoy this Roasted Broccoli? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Crispy Garlic Roasted Broccoli
- 1 pound broccoli cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss broccoli with remaining ingredients and ensure each piece is well coated with olive oil. Place on a baking pan.
- Roast 10-12 minutes or until tender-crisp. Move to the top rack of the oven and broil 1 minute if desired.
- Do not cut broccoli too small or it will overcook before it has a chance to crisp.
- Frozen broccoli can be used as well. Since it's par-boiled before frozen it develops a caramelized color and smoky flavor when baked.
- Bake with other veggies including baby corn, par-boiled carrots or potatoes, bell peppers, whole mushrooms, onions or butternut squash.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
More Veggies We Love
- Grilled Cauliflower Steak – healthy, quick & simple
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – perfectly tender & crisp
- Balsamic Grilled Vegetables – sensational side
- Easy Baked Cauliflower – simple to prep
- Boiled Cabbage – ready in 15 mins!