This Dill Pickle Potato Salad is deliciously and loaded with crunchy dill pickles in a zesty dill pickle juice infused dressing! This potato salad makes dill pickles the star of the dish making a side that’s going to be the hit of any summer bbq!
If you’ve read my blog, you may have noticed that I have this thing for dill pickles, I truly truly love them. You’d actually be surprised how many dishes you can add them to.
Dill Pickles are the perfect way to step up your grilled cheese sandwich game (that’s right, Dill Pickle Bacon Grilled Cheese) and honestly make the BEST Pasta Salad you’ve ever had! They’re perfect fried crispy or even served as a dill pickle dip!
Red skinned potatoes are the perfect choice for a potato salad they hold their shape while still giving a creamy texture and don’t soak in a ton of water when they’re boiled. As long as your potatoes have a thin skin (such as red or yukon gold potatoes), there is no need to peel them (if you don’t like skins you can certainly peel them off).
Once the potatoes are cooked and cooled, I like to slightly smash a few of them for a great creamy texture. You don’t want them completely mashed, you still want to keep the texture and shape of most of the potatoes.
The best onion choice for this recipe is a white onion with white skin, not yellow skin. The white skinned onions are much milder adding just the right amount of zing to this recipe.
Adding shredded cheddar cheese, chopped hard boiled eggs and/or diced ham will make this delicious salad into a meal! This is the perfect choice for a potluck dinner because not only does everyone love it, it’s best made at least 3-4 hours ahead of time (and can last in the fridge for up to 3 days).
Dill Pickle Potato Salad
- 3 lbs red skinned potatoes
- 1 cup dill pickles sliced/chopped
- 1 ½ cups diced celery
- 6 hard boiled eggs , cooled and chopped (optional)
- 1 ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons minced white onion
- 4 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons fresh dill , minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut the potatoes and chop into bite sized pieces. Boil the potatoes until tender (approx. 15 minutes). Cool completely. Slightly mash a few of the potatoes.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss well.
- Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)