Chili Nachos are a super awesome snack to throw together on game day or when unexpected guests pop by for a visit!
Make them with leftover chili or even canned chili and some pre-shredded cheese for a really easy appetizer.
A Favorite Cheesy Appetizer
- Sometimes a quick and easy snack is all this needed to keep the game day watchers happy.
- Just 6 ingredients – chips, canned chili, cheese, and toppings – are all that’s needed to get the party started!
- The chili in this recipe turns plain nachos into a filling dish. It’s a simple no-fuss appetizer!
Ingredients & Variations
CHILI To make it simple, this recipe calls for a can of beef chili (we prefer beanless). Just open, scoop onto the bed of tortilla chips, then add cheese & the rest of the ingredients. Or use the leftovers from a large batch of homemade chili!
CHIPS Any plain tortilla chips will taste great but we find the thinner restaurant-style chips don’t hold up as well.
CHEESE This dish wouldn’t be the same without all that gooey melted cheese. Use cheddar, Monterey Jack, marble cheese, or any cheese that’s in the fridge! Extra time? Make a batch of queso to really impress your guests!
How to Make Chili Nachos
- Lay chips out on the baking pan.
- Add a layer of cheese to the chips. Add chili, jalapeno, and onion.
- Add more cheese.
- Bake (as per the recipe below). Serve.
Tips & Tricks
- As with any nachos, serve these with a side of sour cream, salsa, or even some guacamole.
- Using parchment paper makes for super easy clean-up!
- Broil the nachos for 1-2 minutes once they’re done baking to brown the cheese.
- Prep ingredients before guests arrive so on game day all that’s left to do is to layer everything and bake!
Change It Up
Try these favorite twists on nachos!
- Easy Homemade Nachos – with ground beef
- Loaded Tater Tot Nachos – with tater tots
- The BEST Loaded Nachos – with seasoned chicken
- Air Fryer Nachos– air fryer easy!
- Irish Pub Style Potato Nachos – made with potatoes
Game Day Go-To’s
- Brown Sugar Bourbon Little Smokies– smothered in sauce
- Baked Taco Ground Beef Dip – loaded with taco flavor
- Pizza Rolls – ready in 30 minutes
- Blooming Onion Bites – with dipping sauce
- Crispy Air Fryer Dill Pickles – everyone’s favorite
Did you make these Chili Nachos? Be sure to leave us a rating and a comment below!
- 1 bag tortilla chips 14 oz
- 3 cups cheese shredded, divided
- 1 can chili 15 oz
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- ¼ cup white onion diced
- 1 large tomato seeded & diced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Create a single layer of chips on a large baking sheet, making sure the chips fully cover the tray.
- Layer ½ the cheese and then the chili on top of the chips. Sprinkle jalapenos and onion on top of the chili.
- Finish with a layer of remaining cheese and bake in the oven for 13-16 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with the diced tomatoes and serve.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)