Grilled Cauliflower Steak is a healthy, quick and simple dinner that’s on the table in a flash. Cauliflower steaks are thickly sliced, brushed with a seasoned olive oil mixture, and grilled until tender.
Let’s Get Grilling
Grilled veggies are so flavorful and tasty but I was a little reluctant to try grilling cauliflower steaks because cauliflower tends to be a little bland….in my opinion. But everywhere I turned, I kept seeing cauliflower steaks, so I thought I’d give it a whirl. And what a FANTASTIC idea that was.
If you haven’t had a Cauliflower Steak yet, you’re in for a real treat. Even if you’re not a cauliflower fan, I can guarantee you will LOVE this recipe! My veggie hating family devoured the whole platter in a matter of minutes. So quickly, in fact, I had to make another batch.
Which wasn’t a big deal because Grilled Cauliflower Steak is insanely quick and easy to make!
How to Make Cauliflower Steaks
The best Grilled Cauliflower Steaks are ready in less than 30 minutes, including the amount of time it takes to cut the steaks. To make crispy cauliflower steaks indoors (or if you don’t have a grill), easy roasted cauliflower steaks are my go-to during the winter months. Equally easy and just as addicting!
How to Cut and Prepare:
- Cut the cauliflower steaks by FIRST cutting the head of cauliflower in half down the center. Do not remove the stem.
- Cut each half into 1 1/2 – 2 inch wide “steaks”. You should be able to get two steaks from each half depending on the size of your cauliflower. If you cut thinner steaks the florets will not hold together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cauliflower steak marinade ingredients. (If you don’t have liquid smoke or can’t find it at the store, you can skip it.)
- Using a pastry brush, coat both sides of the cauliflower steaks with the seasoned olive oil marinade.
How to Grill:
- Place the cauliflower steaks on the grill and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Carefully flip the cauliflower steaks over with a spatula and continue to grill for an additional 3-4 minutes or until tender.
What to Serve with Cauliflower Steaks
- Easy Grilled Asparagus – ready in 10 mins!
- Tomato Avocado Salad – light & refreshing
- Spaghetti Salad – my FAVORITE!
- Black Bean and Corn Salad – fresh, crunchy, tangy
- The Best Baked Beans– great side dish filled with flavor!
Easy Grilled Cauliflower Steak Recipe
- 2 heads cauliflower leaves removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
Cut the cauliflower in half from top to bottom cutting through the stem. (Do not remove the stem.)
Cut each cauliflower half into 1 1/2 - 2 inch slices (steaks). You should have 4 cauliflower steaks from one head of cauliflower depending on the size of your cauliflower.
Arrange the cauliflower on a baking sheet or tray. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, paprika, onion powder, liquid smoke, salt and pepper.
Coat both sides of the cauliflower steaks with the seasoned oil using a pastry brush.
Place the cauliflower steaks on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes.
Carefully flip the cauliflower steaks over with a spatula and continue grilling for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired, and serve immediately.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)