Grilled Cauliflower Steak is a healthy, quick, and simple dinner that’s on the table in a flash!
Cauliflower is thickly sliced into “steaks”, brushed with a seasoned olive oil mixture, and grilled until tender.
Serve this easy veggie as a main dish or as a side dish.
Healthy & Flavorful
- Even if you’re not a cauliflower fan, I can guarantee you will LOVE this recipe!
- Grilled Cauliflower Steak is insanely quick & easy to make. It’s ready in a matter of minutes.
- Meatless meals just got easier with an entree everyone will love. Plus, it’s super easy on the wallet!
- Take a little break from the usual grilled chicken or pork chops with a light and savory cauliflower steak…you won’t believe how easy & flavorful they are!
Ingredients for Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
Cauliflower – Pick a large cauliflower head that’s fresh looking and free from blemishes. Frozen florets will also work, just thaw first & adjust the cooking time as needed!
Marinade – We used a blend of olive oil with garlic and onion powder, paprika for a bit of a kick, and liquid smoke to give it that smokey flavor. Add a splash of lemon juice or some fresh herbs if you’d like.
How to Cut Cauliflower into Steaks
These Cauliflower Steaks are ready in less than 30 minutes, including the amount of time it takes to cut the steaks!
- Cut the cauliflower steaks by FIRST cutting the head of the cauliflower in half down the center on a cutting board. Do not remove the stem.
- Cut each half into 1 1/2 – 2 inch wide “steaks”. You should be able to get two steaks from each half depending on the size of the cauliflower. If you cut thinner steaks the florets will not hold together.
Cooking Cauliflower Steaks on the Grill
Like most grilled vegetables, the BBQ adds another layer of flavor!
- Whisk the cauliflower steak marinade ingredients per recipe below.
- Brush both sides of the cauliflower with the seasoning and grill on a medium grill for 4-5 minutes per side or until tender. (Note: These also can be cooked in the oven).
Serve as is or with chimichurri sauce.
Did you make these Grilled Cauliflower Steaks? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Easy Grilled Cauliflower Steak
- 2 heads cauliflower leaves removed
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped, optional
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Cut the cauliflower in half from top to bottom, cutting through the stem. (Do not remove the stem.)
- Cut each cauliflower half into 1 ½ – 2 inch slices (steaks). You should have 4 cauliflower steaks from one head of cauliflower depending on the size of the cauliflower.
- Arrange the cauliflower on a baking sheet or tray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients.
- Coat both sides of the cauliflower steaks with the seasoned oil using a pastry brush.
- Place the cauliflower steaks on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Carefully flip the cauliflower steaks over with a spatula and continue grilling for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired, and serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.