Every kid (and kid at heart!) will love these cheesy bacon rolls.
Easy cheese sandwiches are rolled up, wrapped up in bacon, and then pan-fried (or air fried) to gooey, cheesy perfection. You can’t eat just one!
Easy & Cheesy!
- Everything tastes better wrapped in bacon!
- These fun roll-ups are made in minutes just in time for afterschool snacks and movie nights. This is one kid-friendly recipe that will be on constant rotation!
- Prep ahead and refrigerate, cook just before serving.
- Pan-frying or air-frying guarantees the bacon and bread get crispy without the cheese melting out.
- Dip them or dunk them in ketchup, tomato soup, or your own favorite dips.
Ingredients for Bacon Roll Ups
Bread – Regular sandwich bread (white or wheat) is perfect for this recipe. Cut off the crusts (save them for bread crumbs) and roll up your favorite cheese.
Cheese – Choose your cheese! Use cheddar slices or really any kind of cheese you’d like. Soft cheeses like goat cheese and herbed cream cheese make grilled cheese roll-ups fancy as appetizers. Cut them in half diagonally and serve alone or with a dip.
Bacon – The bacon should be partially cooked before wrapping the roll-ups. I find partially cooked raw bacon wraps easier than pre-cooked bacon but I use both interchangably in this recipe.
You can substitute other thinly sliced deli meat like ham, baloney, and sandwich-thin salami.
How to Make Cheesy Bacon Rolls
These are as easy to make as they are fun to eat!
- Roll slices of bread flat (per the recipe below).
- Place cheese on one slice and roll up. Wrap a slice of bacon around each roll and secure with a toothpick.
- Add to a pan with butter. Rub rolls in butter.
- Serve when crispy and browned.
To Dip or Not to Dip?
- Dip bacon grilled cheese roll-ups ranch dressing, ketchup or your favorite sauces.
- Dunk them in a classic fresh tomato soup, chili, a creamy broccoli cheddar soup, or a hearty Crockpot potato soup.
Got Grilled Cheese?
Did your kids love these Grilled Cheese Bacon Rolls? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Crispy Cheesy Bacon Rolls
- 8 slices bread crusts removed
- 8 slices cheese or more to taste, or 1 cup+ grated cheddar
- 8 slices bacon raw or pre-cooked
- ¼ cup butter
- If using raw bacon, partially cook it in the air fryer or in a frying pan over medium high heat until some of the fat has rendered out. Ensure the bacon is not cooked too crispy.
- Cut the crusts off of the bread if desired. Use a rolling pin to roll the bread flat.
- Place one slice of cheese (or more if you'd like) or 2-3 tablespoons shredded cheese on each slice.
- Roll up the bread and cheese. Wrap one slice of bacon around each roll and secure with a toothpick on each end.
- Place in a pan over medium-low heat. Add a small spoonful of butter & using tongs, rub the rolls in the butter ensuring the bread edges are covered.
- Continue adding bits of butter and turning with tongs until all sides are browned and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F.
- Place the rolls in the air fryer and cook 4-6 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and the cheese is melted.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!