This is a simple, homemade treat that’ll please kids and grown-ups alike. Apples paired with the cranberries makes it sweet and tart and the crumble topping give it a bit of crunch. The perfect fall dessert.
This is especially great if you are having guests because all of the preparation can be done up to a day ahead of time and all you have to do is pop it in the oven!
Cranberry Apple Crisp!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup packed light-brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 Tablespoons butter cubed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 4 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 ½ cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix the flour, brown sugar, salt, and oats together and combine with the butter. Squeeze all of the ingredients together until the butter is well incorporated and it forms a nice crumble.
- Toss the sliced apples and cranberries with the granulated sugar and set aside.
- Place the apple-cranberry mix into and oven-safe dish, mixing a little of the crumble into it. Top with the remaining crumble.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the topping is a golden brown and the cranberries are bubbly.
- This can be served warm or cold. As a warm dessert, it’s excellent with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)