This is a simple, homemade treat that’ll please kids and grown-ups alike. Apples paired with the cranberries makes it sweet and tart and the crumble topping give it a bit of crunch. The perfect fall dessert.
This is especially great if you are having guests because all of the preparation can be done up to a day ahead of time and all you have to do is pop it in the oven!
Cranberry Apple Crisp
- 4 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or frozen, thawed
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the flour, brown sugar, oats, and pecans together. Add butter and mix with a fork until well combined and crumbly.
- Toss the sliced apples and cranberries with the granulated sugar and cinnamon and place in a 2qt baking dish.
- Top with the crisp topping.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the topping is a golden brown and the cranberries are bubbly.
- This can be served warm or cold. As a warm dessert, it’s excellent with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)