Breakfast hash is an incredibly delicious way to start the day!
In this Corned Beef Hash recipe, corned beef, potatoes, and peppers are all cooked in a single skillet and topped with eggs!
It’s also a hearty meal that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner. The best part? It’s so easy to prepare in just one pan.
Ingredients in Corned Beef Hash
A corned beef breakfast hash is a yummy breakfast skillet, made by frying potatoes, corned beef (of course!), and veggies together into an easy meal – think of it as home fries with extra goodies (sounds amazing, right?!).
Corned Beef: Corned beef itself is a beef brisket that has been brined. This is perfect for leftover corned beef but if you don’t have leftovers use deli corned beef. I usually ask the deli counter to slice some corned beef extra thick. Feel free to use ham or bacon in place of corned beef.
Eggs: You can top this dish with a poached egg or add them directly to the pan and bake in the oven for a few minutes. I usually opt for the oven method, as it’s easier (per the recipe below)!
Potatoes & Onions: If you have leftover roasted potatoes, boiled, or even baked potatoes, go ahead and use those. Store-bought hash brown potatoes will work just fine too.
Anything you pair with a corned beef dinner is great in corned beef hash!
- Minced garlic cloves, fresh herbs, and chives.
- Leftover potatoes (even mashed potatoes), hashbrowns, or sweet potatoes.
- Leftover cabbage, mushrooms, or other vegetables.
How To Make Corned Beef Hash
- Sautee corned beef, onions, peppers & potatoes until nice and crispy.
- Create 4 holes or ‘wells’ in the hash & crack an egg into each.
- Bake until the eggs are cooked through, about 12 minutes.
I like my yolks to be soft and slightly runny as they definitely add a creaminess to the dish, but of course, cook them to your liking!
Leftovers? No problem! Corned beef hash reheats in the microwave easily, but remove the eggs first so they don’t become rubbery.
Did you make this Corned Beef Hash? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Corned Beef Hash
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- ¾ cup onion or 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces cooked corned beef diced (about 2 cups)
- 3 cups cooked potato diced, see note
- 1 green pepper finely diced
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In an ovenproof skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add onion and corned beef, cooking until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining butter, along with the potato and green pepper. Continue cooking for 5-7 minutes or until the potato starts to brown. Be sure not to stir too frequently, as this allows the potatoes to crisp.
- Create four wells in the hash and carefully crack an egg into each well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake the skillet in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your preference. Keep in mind that the eggs will continue to cook once removed from the oven, so avoid overcooking.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!