Corned beef hash is the perfect way to enjoy your leftover corned beef & potatoes! In this one pan recipe, potatoes, peppers, and leftover corned beef are lightly browned and finished off with a perfectly runny egg.
Serve this meal for breakfast lunch or dinner!
What Is Corned Beef Hash?
A hash is a type of breakfast skillet and is usually made by frying potatoes, meat and veggies into one big dish, kind of like home fries with more goodies. (Yum right?!)
Add in some leftover corned beef and you’ve got yourself Corned beef hash!
Corned beef itself is a beef brisket that has been brined. I typically cook corned beef in the slow cooker with cabbage but always buy a large enough corned beef so I have leftovers! If you don’t happen to have leftovers, you can use ham or ask them to cut your corned beef a little bit thicker at the deli.
You can top this with a poached egg or add them directly to the pan and bake in the oven few minutes. (I usually do them in the oven per the recipe below, it’s easier)!
POTATOES & ONIONS
How To Make Corned Beef Hash
- Sautee corned beef, onions, peppers & potatoes until nice and crispy.
- Create 4 holes or ‘wells’ in your hash and crack an egg into each.
- Then, bake the whole thing until the eggs are cooked how you like them (about 12 minutes)!
I like my yolks to be soft and slightly runny as they definitely add a creaminess to the dish, but of course, cook them to your liking!
Leftovers? No problem! Corned beef hash reheats in the microwave easily, but remove the eggs first so they don’t become rubbery.
Make sure you use an oven safe frying pan! If you’re unsure whether your pan is oven safe or not, a general rule is to ensure your pan doesn’t have a heat guard on its handle (and the handle is not wood). Cast iron pans are almost always oven safe, and work great for this homemade corned beef hash and eggs.
More Great Leftover Corned Beef Ideas
Corned Beef Hash
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- ¾ cup onion or 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces cooked corned beef diced (about 2 cups)
- 3 cups diced cooked potato see note
- 1 green pepper finely diced
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Heat butter in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add onion and corned beef and cook until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and stir in the potato and green pepper and continue to cook 5-7 minutes longer or until the potato starts to brown (don’t stir too frequently to allow potatoes to crisp).
- Create 4 wells in the hash and break an egg into each hole. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your preference. Note, the eggs will continue to cook once removed from the oven so do not overcook.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.