Reuben Pasta Salad has all of the amazing flavors of your favorite Reuben Sandwich! Corned beef, swiss, sauerkraut and pickles are tossed with a simple thousand islands dressing for one the best potluck salads you’ve ever had!
Serve Reuben Pasta Salad super cold right from the refrigerator to showcase all the really savory flavors! What a great way to use up leftover corned beef!
How to Make Reuben Pasta Salad
If you like Reuben sandwiches, you’re going to ABSOLUTELY love this Reuben pasta salad recipe!
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Combine dressing ingredients well.
- Toss all ingredients together and place in the refrigerator at least one hour.
Before serving, drizzle with extra dressing and season with salt and pepper.
What to Serve with Pasta Salad
If you are serving Reuben pasta salad on a buffet table or it will be outdoors, place the bowl inside a larger bowl with ice on the bottom and be sure to stir it every once in a while to make sure it stays cold.
Leftover pasta salad is always good the next day because the flavors have had a chance to blend and this Reuben pasta salad is no different!
- To Refrigerate: Keep tightly covered so it doesn’t absorb the odors and flavors of the other items in the fridge. It should last about four days in the refrigerator.
- To Serve: Toss in a colander to drain out any liquid and refresh the flavors with an extra dose of thousand island dressing and some salt and pepper.
It’s not a good idea to freeze pasta salad since the pasta changes consistency once it thaws out. But you can definitely freeze the dressing separately for the next time you want to make this super fun, super tasty salad!
Easy Pasta Salad Recipes
- Italian Pasta Salad – hearty & delicious!
- Broccoli Pasta Salad – rich and creamy
- Dill Pickle Pasta Salad – reader fav!
- Cobb Pasta Salad – great potluck dish
- Easy Orzo Pasta Salad – fun twist on a classic!
Reuben Pasta Salad
- 3 cups medium pasta uncooked
- ¼ cup white onion minced
- 1 cup sauerkraut drained
- ½ cup dill pickles chopped
- 1 cup corned beef sliced or cubed
- 1 cup swiss cheese cubed
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup thousand island or russian dressing
- 1 ½ tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons sauerkraut brine *see note
- 1 ½ teaspoons caraway seeds
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and run under cold water.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Toss all ingredients with dressing. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- Drizzle with extra thousand island/russian dressing before serving if desired.