All of the amazing flavors of your favorite Reuben Sandwich in a delicious creamy pasta salad! Corned beef, swiss, sauerkraut and pickles are tossed with a simple Reuben inspired dressing for one the best potluck salads you’ve ever had!
I have a thing for pasta salads… not boring pasta salads though. I mean I love a GOOD pasta salads and it can’t just taste like noodles and mayonnaise. To me a pasta salad should taste like something… like Pizza Pasta Salad or even Avocado Pasta Salad. And of COURSE Dill Pickle Pasta Salad (it’s so good). And NOW.. THIS gem of a pasta salad.
If you like Reuben Sandwiches, you’re going to ABSOLUTELY love this Reuben Pasta Salad recipe, I promise! It is loaded with all of the things that make a reuben delicious… corned beef, swiss cheese, pickles, thousand island (or Russian) dressing & caraway seeds for a Reuben Sandwich inspired flavor we love so much. Plus a punch of minced onion, dill pickle and dijon.
For the corned beef in this recipe I like to go to the deli and ask them to cut me a thicker piece to cube (1 thick slice is about enough) but if you just happen to have regular sandwich sliced corned beef on hand, just use that, it’s perfect. Slice it into thin strips and it is great in this salad. If you have homemade corned beef on hand, please send me a message so I can come over for dinner. Thanks!
Caraway seeds is one of those things that people kind of seem to love or hate. I really LOVE them, I think they add such awesome flavor to this salad, so if possible be sure to add them in! Since I don’t use them often, I buy them in the bulk area of the supermarket to get just enough for a couple of recipes at a time.
REUBEN PASTA SALAD
- 3 cups medium pasta uncooked
- 1/4 cup minced white onion
- 1 cup sauerkraut drained
- 1/2 cup dill pickles chopped
- 1 cup corned beef sliced or cubed
- 1 cup cubed swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup thousand island or russian dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons sauerkraut brine *see note
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and run under cold water.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Toss all ingredients with dressing. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- Drizzle with extra thousand island/russian dressing before serving if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Recipes You’ll Love