Copycat Velveeta Cheese recipe!! Velveeta is expensive at the store. Save some money and make your own homemade Velveeta at home! I’m never buying storebought again!
Mmmm… Velveeta Cheese! I love it, especially made into a hot dip!
My husband asked me, “Why would you want to make your own Velveeta Cheese?”. I can think of a whole list of reasons to make my own Velveeta Cheese….
- Velveeta is expensive
- It’s super yummy
- It’s super easy to make
- This recipe has only 4 simple ingredients, all of which I recognize
- Not every store carries Velveeta
- Because I can
This copycat recipe for Velveeta Cheese is easy to make and tastes awesome! You can use it in all the same recipes you use the store bought cheese, it works just perfectly! Just whip out your blender (I actually used my Magic Bullet to make this), add a few simple ingredients and you’re ready to go!
For my “loaf pan” I actually used the empty box from the fortune cookies. I just cut it in half and lined it with plastic wrap.. it was the perfect size!
Items you’ll need for this recipe
* plastic wrap * cheddar cheese * blender *
Copy Cat Recipe: Homemade Velveeta Cheese
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 6 Tablespoons of milk powder
- 1 lb cheddar cheese grated
- 1.5 tsp gelatin
- Prepare a "loaf box" by lining a small box with plastic wrap
- Combine 1/2 cup boiling water, 3 tablespoons of milk powder and 3/4 tsp gelatin in the blender
- Blend 5 seconds
- Add 1/2 of the shredded cheese and blend until smooth (about 3 minutes)
- Pour into your "loaf box"
- Repeat with remaining ingredients and pour on top of first layer
- Cover and refrigerate overnight before slicing