I have been selected by Kraft Foods to be a spokesperson for VELVEETA Cheesy Skillets. While I have been compensated for my time and provided with VELVEETA Cheesy Skillet samples and a skillet to create this recipe, all opinions are my own.
Have you ever headed to an online auction site and just browsed around? You will certainly find some interesting, strange and quirky things for sale (Do any of you need a dachshund condiment tray or perhaps a parrot-topped lava lamp?)
Well, guess what else is on there… VELVEETA found thousands of skillets listed for sale. That’s right folks, THOUSANDS of poor unloved, lonely skillets waiting for a new home. Realizing that clearly these sellers MUST have forgotten what their skillets are for,VELVEETA swooped in and saved the day!
VELVEETA bought more than 1,000 skillets that were up for bid from a popular auction website to teach these owners what their skillet is for! Not only were the skillets returned to their original owners, VELVEETA included a box of VELVEETA Cheesy Skillets (and some other VELVEETA goodies to go along with it)! Oh yeah, the Liquid Gold also known as VELVEETA in these meals would surely remind these sellers what their skillet is for and they’d be thrilled to have them back!
VELVEETA Cheesy Skillets are seriously awesome because you can get a meal on the table within just MINUTES!! That’s right… minutes until dinner is ready! Here’s the great thing, they really are delicious with chicken, beef or tuna (that’s a given, they contain Liquid Gold aka VELVEETA!!) but, you can also get creative and toss in some of your favorite ingredients to make them your own!
Tonight we had a hankering for some Mexican but we were looking for something quick and easy! I popped a VELVEETA Cheesy Skillets dinner into a skillet along with a few ingredients I had on hand and… VOILA! ONE skillet and dinner was done! And this… is #WhatMySkilletisFor !!
This recipe is not only delicious, it’s super easy and something that your family is sure to love (not to mention a great way to add some veggies in!).
VELVEETA Cheesy Fiesta Skillet!
- 1 box VELVEETA Cheesy Skillets Nacho Supreme
- 1 onion , diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ green pepper , diced
- ½ red pepper , diced
- 1 cup corn , fresh or frozen (defrosted if frozen)
- 1 cup canned black beans , rinsed and drained
- Diced tomato
- Sour Cream
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and onion over medium heat until no pink remains. Drain well.
- Add 2 cups of water, seasoning mix and pasta.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add diced red and green peppers, corn and black beans. Cover and simmer an additional 4-6 minutes or until pasta is tender and most of the water is gone.
- Remove from heat and stir in VELVEETA cheese sauce pouch. Top with salsa and desired toppings. Serve immediately.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)