This post originally appeared on Spend With Pennies in October 2013! We’ve made it so many times over the past couple of years that it was time to update the photos for you!
If you’d followed my blog for any amount of time, you probably know how much I LOVE recipes where I get to fill things with other things…
This is definitely my favorite filled dessert yet! Wow, really just amazingly ooey gooey, apple-y, caramely yumminess! These are best SERVED WARM.
A couple of important points when making this recipe:
1. The dough is sticky and not that easy to roll out. You’ll want to use parchment paper when rolling the dough to keep it from sticking.
2. If your hands are wet or the wet filling touches the edges, the dough may tear a little bit. Try to keep your hands dry when making this.
3. You will fall madly and very deeply in love with these, you will crave them and dream about them. Once you’ve tasted them, there is no going back. Consider yourself warned!
Click print here ↓
Cinnamon Caramel Apple Pie Rolls
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1 can Pillsbury Cinnamon Buns with Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups apple pie filling (I used my homemade Freezer Apple Pie Filling)
- Caramel sauce
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll each individual cinnamon roll out as thin as you can between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of pie filling in the middle of each. Fold each in half as you would a taco. Pinch the edges sealed. Fold under the to tips so you make it into a rounder shape.
- Mix cinnamon & sugar together in a small bowl. Roll each bundle in the mixture and place seam side down on a parchment lined pan. Bake 16-18 minutes or until golden.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and frosting.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)