These Loaded Mashed Potato Bombs are literally one of the best things I’ve ever made…and I make a lot of things! It was like every little bit of comfort food you could ever want all rolled up in one little bundle! Truly, who doesn’t LOVE loaded mashed potatoes? Since the biscuits are rolled out, they create a light crispy crust to hold the cheese, mashed potatoes, bacon.. mmmmmm!! I cannot wait to make these again!
If you happen to have leftover mashed potatoes, you can definitely use those and just add in the bacon, cheese and chives…. or you could even use packaged potatoes if you’re really in a rush! If you like twice baked potatoes, you’ll love this recipe!
Be warned, once you make these once, you will have to make them again!
Items you’ll need for this recipe:
Loaded Mashed Potato Bombs
- 1 ¼ pounds potatoes I used a yellow skinned potato
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk or milk
- ⅛ cup sour cream
- Left over mashed potatoes or packaged mashed potatoes
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- ½ tablespoon chives or green onions, sliced
- 3 pieces bacon cooked crisp and chopped or 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 10 ¾ cubes cheddar cheese
- 1 roll of biscuit dough 10 biscuits
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash potatoes and poke with a fork a few times. Bake potatoes in oven 1 hour or microwave until soft. Allow to cool slightly.
- Slice each potato in ½ length wise. Scoop out the pulp and mash potatoes, buttermilk, sour cream, butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Stir in chives, bacon and shredded cheddar cheese. Let cool completely.
- Wrap 1 ½ tablespoons of mashed potatoes around each cube of cheese. Roll each biscuit with a rolling pin until big enough to enclose the potato ball. Be sure to seal each biscuit completely to hold the cheese in.
- Place seam side down on parchment lined baking pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.