There is something so quirky and nostalgic about a Cherry Fluff Salad recipe.
We love a fresh and flavorful dessert and this frozen fruit salad is cold, sweet, and filled with yummy treats!
What is Fluff Salad?
This isn’t your typical salad! I’m not sure why it’s called a salad, it really isn’t salad at all (like ambrosia salad) but who doesn’t love a dessert loaded with marshmallows & fruit?
This fluff salad is a mixture of sweet ingredients that are tossed together, spread out on a pan, and then frozen. The frozen salad is then lifted out of the pan and cut into squares.
This fluff salad doesn’t have to be frozen, prep it in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve it with a spoon instead if you’d prefer.
What’s in Fluff Salad?
FLUFFY BASE: A can of sweetened condensed milk and whipped topping make up the creamy base. Marshmallows are added and as the dessert sits, they soak up any liquids and soften into the mixture.
ADD-INS: Cherry pie filling (other fruity fillings work too), pineapple, mini marshmallows, and pecans add lots of flavor and texture!
How to Make Cherry Fluff Salad
No cooking is required for this easy salad:
- Stir milk & lemon juice. Add cherry pie filling.
- Mix in marshmallows, pineapple, whipped topping, & pecans.
- Spread onto a baking sheet & refrigerate or freeze (per recipe below).
How to Serve and Store
- If this has been frozen a little longer than 5-6 hours and is difficult to cut, let it sit on the counter for 15 minutes to thaw.
- Keep the squares covered with plastic wrap in the freezer for up to a week.
- Serve with fresh cherries on top, or wedge between graham cracker squares and serve like small cakes.
More Fluffy Favorites
- Millionaire Cranberry Salad
- Fluffy Pumpkin Pie Dip
- Berry Fluff Jello Salad
- Watergate Salad
- Ambrosia Salad
- Creamy Cranberry Salad
Did you make this Cherry Fluff Salad? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Cherry Fluff Salad
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can cherry pie filling 28 ounces
- 2 cans crushed pineapple, drained 8 ounces each
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 package cool whip 8 ounces
- ⅔ cup pecans chopped
- In a large bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice until fully combined.
- Add in the cherry pie filling.
- Fold the crushed pineapple, mini marshmallows, cool whip, and pecans into the cherry mixture until fully incorporated.
- If freezing, spread the cherry salad into a 9x13 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper. If you'd like to eat this as a soft fluff, refrigerate at least 4 hours. Top with additional nuts for garnish if desired.
- Freeze for at least 5 to 6 hours or until firm.
- Once frozen, use the edges of the parchment to lift the salad out of the pan, then use a sharp knife to slice into squares.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
More Frozen Favorites
- Frozen Pina Colada (in a bucket)
- Fresh Raspberry Yogurt Pie
- Frozen Root Beer Float Pie
- Dreamy Creamsicle Pie! Serve soft or frozen