This is a super easy and yummy dessert that takes just a few minutes to put together the night before and it always a HUGE hit!
This no bake recipe adds Root Beer Extract to give it a little bit of an extra root beer flavor. You can make it without extract but the root beer flavor will be mild so I definitely recommend adding it in (You can find it on Amazon here if you can’t find it at a store near you). Add in a little of the extract, stir and taste. Depending on the brand, a little can go a long way!
Cutting the pie BEFORE it goes into the freezer makes it super simple to serve once it’s done.
Items you’ll need for this recipe:
Frozen Root Beer Float Pie
- 1 tub 8 ounces frozen reduced-fat whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed
- 3/4 cup cold diet or regular root beer I used regular
- 1/2 cup fat-free or regular milk
- Root Beer Extract to taste. strength can vary greatly by brand
- 1 package 4 serving size instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 graham cracker crust store bought or homemade
- 8 Maraschino cherries
- Combine the root beer, milk and pudding mix in a large bowl.
- Mix with a whisk until it begins to thicken. Fold in half of the whipped topping and desired amount of root beer extract. Start with just a little of the extract and give it a taste. You can continue adding more until desired flavor is reached. Spread into the pie crust. Refrigerate for 5 minutes. Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Slice the pie into 8 even slices (this makes it really easy to cut when it’s frozen). Add a cherry on each slice.
- Freeze 8 hours or overnight.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
This recipe was inspired by a Root Beer Float Pie which is not frozen. The original recipe was found in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012 issue.