Berry Fluff Jello Salad is a fun, flirty, and absolutely fabulous side dish that could actually pass for a dessert! With just minutes to prep and bursting with fresh berry flavor, this dish is as easy as it is delicious!
Berry Fluff Jello Salad is one of our all time favorites! Side dish meets dessert in a simple fluffy recipe that nobody can resist!
The steps to this recipe are so easy it doesn’t even feel like work!
The berries need to be washed of course, and the strawberries are the only thing that will need to be cut up (plus there is no cooking required), so your prep time is at a minimum.
While jello fruit salads are often made with cream cheese and canned fruit such as fruit cocktail, this easy version uses cottage cheese and fresh summer berries for the perfect light bite! Don’t let the cottage cheese scare you, my best friend who doesn’t eat cottage cheese couldn’t keep her hands away from the bowl!! It adds a delicious flavor similar to how cream cheese adds a great flavor to desserts.
This dessert will turn into a lovely pink color once it’s all stirred together! It really is a beautiful dish, one that you will be so proud to serve! While I’ve made fluff jello salad recipes before (like Strawberry Banana Fluff) this one is definitely at the top of my list; like a cloud in a bowl.
Jello Salad Recipe Tips:
- Use any berry flavored Jell-O in this recipe. Strawberry or raspberry are great choices.
- Any type of fresh berries can be used in this recipe. You will need a total of ~4 cups of fresh mixed berries.
- When combining the cottage cheese with the jello powder, I mix with a hand mixer to make the consistency of the cottage cheese a little bit smoother. You can certainly just mix together with a spoon.
- Refrigerating before serving give the flavors a chance to blend and makes the fluff set up.
- I have tested this with freshly whipped cream and while it is delicious, it doesn’t set up as well.
Looking to lighten this recipe up a little bit? This Strawberry Fluff fits the bill. Jell-O is already zero fat (and you can use sugar-free in this recipe too). If you choose low fat whipped topping and cottage cheese, combine this with the protein packed goodness of cottage cheese, you have a super delicious waist-line conscious treat!
This Berry Fluff Jello recipe can be served as as side dish, a delicious snack or as a dessert. I love to spoon it on angel food cake, it is just a wonderful topping for a truly heavenly dessert!
Light, fluffy and a touch of sweetness studded with fresh juicy berries. This is the ultimate summer dessert.
Berry Fluff Jello Salad
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 package Jell-O 4 servings size strawberry, raspberry or cherry
- 8 oz whipped topping
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups strawberries washed & cut
- ¾ cup blackberries
- ¾ cup raspberries
- ¾ cup blueberries
- Combine cottage cheese and dry Jell-O powder in a bowl.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Gently fold in all remaining ingredients. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)