This pie is amazing! It’s amazing because it’s easy and also because it’s delicious!! But there’s another reason it’s amazing….
A funny thing happened… my husband told me I’d better get out and pick the raspberries, they were done growing. I was thinking of a few recipe ideas … (raspberry chocolate bread anyone?) when reader Nancy sent me a message telling me about one of her family favorites! It sounded wonderful and I knew I could put my own twist on it with my fresh raspberries!
This particular pie is my own version of a pie Nancy’s grandmother used to make in the days before she even had a refrigerator or flavored yogurt!!
I do have to say, serving this pie frozen was a special treat on a hot summer’s eve but even defrosted it was totally irresistible. I’ve been told it is also incredible with strawberries or cherries.
Fresh Raspberry Yogurt Pie
- 2 cups fresh raspberries , divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ cups vanilla greek yogurt
- 3 cups cool whip
- 1 graham crust
- Combine 1 ½ cups raspberries & sugar. Slightly mash (you want the raspberries broken but not smashed).
- In a large bowl, fold together raspberries, cool whip and yogurt. Heap into the pie crust.
- Freeze for 4 hours or overnight. Remove from freezer 20-25 minutes before serving.
- Top with fresh raspberries & serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!