Crab Dip is one of the best hot appetizers, perfect for parties! Made with lump crab meat baked in a cream cheese base with cheddar, green onion, and everyone’s favorite seafood seasoning, Old Bay!
What’s In Crab Dip?
Crab dip is made with creamy, cheesy ingredients this crab dip is a party favorite!
- Lump Crabmeat: It is mild, tender and sweet. I would suggest a lump crab meat which is either canned, frozen or even found fresh at the seafood counter.
- Cheese: I love the hint of cheddar with crab in this recipe, substitute your favorite cheeses such as mozzarella or monterey jack.
- Creamy Base: Cream cheese and sour cream get incredibly fluffy when you beat them together, giving this dip amazing texture!
- Seasonings: Old Bay Seasoning is the perfect complement to almost any seafood dish.
How to Make Crab Dip
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise with seasonings until fluffy. Using a hand mixer this makes the dip easier to scoop.
- Add green onions, gently fold in the lump crab and half of the cheese. Take care to be gentle and not to break up the crab too much.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake until piping hot and the cheese melts!
Serve with crackers, bread, or veggies and dig in!
Crab Dip Additions
- Add a few dashes of hot sauce, some jalapenos or a splash of buffalo sauce.
- Add a cup of defrosted corn kernels to make this a crab corn dip
- Add fresh herbs of your choice, parsley, cilantro or dill are all great additions.
Try offering a variety of crackers or bread to dip, like pumpernickel, Melba, won-ton wrappers, pretzels or tortilla chips. This dip will taste amazing with pretty much anything you have on hand to convey it into your mouth. (Actually, I could just eat it with a spoon.)
How to Reheat It
To Make Ahead: When making this ahead, it should be good in the fridge for up to 2 days before baking.
To Reheat: Put it in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, or you could try to microwave individual portions for about 10-30 seconds, checking at intervals.
Delicious Party Dips
- Jalapeno Popper Dip – go-to party appetizer!
- Cowboy Caviar – party favorite!
- The BEST Buffalo Chicken Dip – a crowd-pleaser
- Cheesy Crab Rangoon Dip – hot, creamy & cheesy
- Hot Bacon Cheddar Dip– loaded with flavor!
Hot Cheesy Crab Dip
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, old bay, seasoned salt, and garlic powder in a bowl. Mix on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add green onions, crabmeat and half of the cheddar cheese. Gently fold until incorporated.
- Spread into a 1.5 qt baking dish (8x8). Top with remaining cheese and bake 15-20 minutes or until melted and bubbly.
- Serve with toasted baguette.