Parmesan Artichoke Dip is rich, creamy, and packed with artichokes & fresh parmesan cheese. It’s all topped with a buttery crumb topping and baked until golden and bubbly.
This dip is a variation of our famous Spinach Artichoke Dip and a party favorite! It can be made ahead of time and always gets rave reviews.
This recipe has a slightly lighter consistency compared to our spinach artichoke dip and the flavor of the artichokes is very forward!
CREAMY BASE: Cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream make for a creamy and slightly tangy base that is the perfect consistency.
ARTICHOKES: This recipe uses marinated artichokes which are different than canned artichokes. Marinated artichokes are in oil (not water) and are well seasoned.
If you use canned artichokes, you’ll need to add some extra seasoning (1/8 teaspoon each dried basil and oregano with a bit of salt & pepper).
CHEESES: Parmesan adds bold flavor to this recipe while mozzarella gives a nice creamy texture. Gruyere is another great addition to this recipe.
- Fresh or frozen spinach can be added (5 oz frozen is perfect in this recipe).
- Chopped water chestnuts add great crunch.
- Stir in a finely diced jalapeno for a little bit of heat.
- To keep it low carb, skip the bread crumbs and add a bit of extra cheese on top.
How to Make Artichoke Dip
- Combine the creamy base with seasonings.
- Add chopped artichokes. Stir in cheeses (per recipe below).
- Top with bread crumb topping and bake.
Make Ahead & Leftovers
- Prepare the dip up to 48 hours ahead of time and bake when your guests arrive.
- If the dip is prepped ahead of time, you’ll need to add a few minutes to the cook time.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- This recipe does not freeze well.
What to Serve With
Dippers: Tortilla chips, crostini, bread cubes, crackers, celery, carrot sticks.
Serve next to other favorite appetizers and snacks for a great party spread. Below are our favorites:
- 7 Layer Dip
- Honey Garlic Chicken Wings Recipe (Oven Baked)
- Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Easy Cheesy Nachos
Parmesan Artichoke Dip
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic minced or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 14 oz marinated artichoke hearts chopped
- 1 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese divided
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic and onion powder with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Stir in ⅔ cup parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and chopped artichokes. Spread into a small casserole dish (or deep dish pie plate).
- Combine melted butter, bread crumbs and remaining parmesan cheese (add a sprinkle of parsley if desired). Sprinkle over the dip.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is browned.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)