These super-quick cheese muffins are melt-in-your-mouth delish and are great with almost any meal.
Quick Cheese Muffins
- Made with pantry ingredients, these have great flavor.
- Use whatever cheeses you have on hand (sharper cheese adds better flavor).
- Make muffins in advance and freeze for anytime a need for a cheesy biscuit is in order.
- Mini cheese muffins are perfect for lunchboxes, briefcases, and backpacks.
BATTER: Cutting cold butter into the flour give these muffins a great texture and flavor.
ADD-INS: Cheddar muffins are already loaded with delicious add-ins like green onions, but bacon bits, diced ham, crumbled sausage, diced green chilies, or chopped spinach can be added for extra color and flavor.
How to Make Cheese Muffins
- Whisk dry ingredients and cut in the chilled butter until crumbs form.
- Stir cheeses, green onions, & any other add-ins into the flour.
- Add wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Bake in muffin tins per recipe below, until lightly browned on the top.
How to Store
- Keep cooled muffins in a zippered bag or an airtight container at room temperature for about 4 days.
- Store cheese muffins with a slice of bread to absorb any excess moisture.
- Freeze cheese muffins once they are completely cooled in a zippered bag with the date labeled on the outside. They will keep about 6 weeks in the freezer.
- Allow to thaw at room temperature before reheating or serving.
Savory Quick Breads
- Easy Beer Bread – 5 simple ingredients
- Homemade Cornbread Recipe – made from scratch
- Irish Soda Bread – freezer friendly
- Chile Cheddar Cornbread – a crowd fave
- Cheese Bread – a 5-star recipe
Did you make these Cheese Muffins? Leave a comment and a rating below!
Quick Cheese Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup cold butter
- 1 cup sharp cheddar shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin tray.
- Whisk all dry ingredients in a medium bowl except for the sugar.
- Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut in butter. Stir in cheeses and green onion.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs until foamy. Add milk and sugar.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir just until moistened, do not overmix.
- Pour into the prepared muffin tray and bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Add the add-ins to the flour mixture, this helps keep them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
Ensure you use sharp cheddar for the best flavor.
Mix wet and dry ingredients just until combined.
Do not overbake.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.