I love caramel apples and I love cheesecake so when you put the two together in this recipe…woah! It’s a show stopper! Whenever I make this Caramel Apple Cheesecake I get rave reviews! It’s not your average dessert and it’s so delicious!! If you’ve ever had caramel apple pie, then you’re definitely going to love this recipe!
There are a few steps to this recipe, but all of them are fairly simple and the end result is totally worth it! Once you take just one bite, you’ll understand what everyone has been talking about!! This is a perfect dessert to for fall, holidays, or really….any day.
If you love apple desserts, be sure to check out Spend With Pennies’ dessert category for lots of great recipes!
Items you’ll need for this recipe
* Apples * Cream Cheese * 9 x 13 baking pan *
Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 3 packages cream cheese 8 ounces (each) softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3 granny smith apples peeled, cored, and diced into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup quick oats
- 1 stick butter softened
- caramel topping to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9X13 baking pan with aluminum foil be sure to leave overhang on all four sides.
- Combine flour and brown sugar in medium sized bowl and cut in butter with 2 forks or a pastry blender until crumbly. Press mixture into prepared pan & bake for 15-20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla & sugar until smooth. Add eggs 1 at a time mixing to combine. Pour mixture onto baked crust.
- In a medium bowl, toss Apples, sugar and cinnamon until combined. Sprinkle apple pieces evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, quick oats and softened butter in a medium bowl until crumbly. Sprinkle topping evenly over your apple layer.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until filling is set. (You can check it by just slightly jiggling the pan). Allow to cool and then place in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight. Remove from pan and cut into 16 even sized bars. Drizzle with caramel topping.
Here are a few more recipes you’ll love
Recipe adapted from Paula Deen