I love all kinds of nuts, but pecans have to be my absolute favorite! Not as bitter as walnuts and more robust than almonds, they are perfect for baking and cooking! Coating with a sweet and salty goodness just elevates one of nature’s perfect creations.
Whether you are looking at adding something special to a salad or want something a little indulgent on a bowl of ice cream, candied pecans, or caramelized pecans, are definitely what you are looking for! Just the right combination of sweet and crunchy, Candied Pecans are perfect for so many dishes.
How to Make Candied Pecans
Caramelized Pecans are (Mostly?) Good for You!
Nutritionally, the pecan is packed with goodness. Did you know it is an antioxidant? It has several vitamins and minerals including calcium, magnesium, Vitamin A and Vitamin E. Did you know it was also high in fiber as well as a good source of protein? Pecans have very little saturated fat, therefore they are a heart-healthy option and they also can play a role in lowering cholesterol. In short, pecans make a healthy addition to your diet!
How to Use Candied Pecans
Candied Pecans are not only easy to make, there are tons of different ways to enjoy them! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Add candied pecans to salads such as my Strawberry Spinach Salad for a delicious sweet and salty crunch.
- Top a bowl of ice cream as a delicious treat!
- Grind your caramelized pecans up and use as a coating for chicken breast.
- Satisfy your afternoon craving for something sweet by adding chopped candied pecans to a bowl of yogurt or fruit.
- They taste delicious combined with cottage cheese for a protein-packed, low-fat snack!
- Add them to dried fruit for a super trail mix.
- Or just grab a handful of caramelized pecans by themselves for a quick satisfying snack.
I love to stock my pantry and freezer with items that I love and are useful too. These Candied Pecans definitely fit this description! So versatile, tasty, nutritious and absolutely delicious, you should never be without these tasty nuggets in your home either!
More Pecan Recipes You’ll Love
- Pecan Christmas Crack (Ritz Cracker Toffee) – Everyone LOVES this!
- Glazed Bourbon Pecan Pound Cake
- Easy Pecan Pie Recipe! (No Corn Syrup!) – Perfect pecan pie!
- Pecan Coconut Banana Bread – SO good!
- Pecan Pie Cookies
- Pecan Pie Cake – Tender and moist.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 lb pecan halves
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
In a small bowl combine the first 3 ingredients. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk the water with the egg white until airy and light.
Add the pecan halves to the egg mixture. Stir to coat.
Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the pecans. Mix together evenly.
Spread evenly onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake for about 40 minutes, until pecans are browned and the sugar has caramelized. Be sure to stir the pecans regularly as they cook.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
If you love these pecans, here are a few more I know you’re going to want to try!
- Muddy Buddy Pecans from Crazy for Crust: Peanut butter, chocolate and butter smothered pecans. Count me in!
- Spiced Pecans from A Family Feast: Addictive salty sweet spiced pecans…. you can’t get enough of these ones!
- Rosemary Pecans and Cranberries from Country Cleaver: A Trader Joe’s copy cat recipe that’s going to become a regular in your rotation!
- Bourbon Candied Pecans from Rachel Cooks: Bourbon. Pecans. Candied. ’nuff said.