Candied Pecans are the most delicious sweet crunchy snack. Pecans are coated in egg whites and simple sugar, cinnamon, and salt mixture then baked until crunchy!
What Are Candied Pecans?
Candied pecans are pecans that have been coated in a sweet and cinnamony coating and baked until crunchy. They are not as bitter as walnuts and more robust than almonds, making them perfect for baking and cooking!
Whether looking to add something special to a salad or want something indulgent on a bowl of ice cream, candy-coated pecans are definitely what you are looking for! Just the right combination of sweet and crunchy, they are perfect for so many dishes.
How to Make Candied Pecans
This recipe is as easy as 1, 2, 3! We guarantee you’ll want to make it over and over again!
- Whisk egg white and water, coating the pecan halves.
- Sprinkle with a cinnamon, sugar and salt mixture.
- Bake and voila, homemade candied pecans!
Pecans are not only easy to make, but there are tons of different ways to enjoy them! Use candied pecans for salad, add them to a bowl of yogurt, or fruit! Add them to dried fruit for a super trail mix or just grab a handful of caramelized pecans by themselves for a quick satisfying snack.
How to Store Them
Once cooled, candied pecans need to be stored in an airtight container or freezer bag to keep them fresh. Regardless of where you intend to store them!
- Room Temperature: If storing the caramelized pecans in the cupboard or on the counter they will last to 2 weeks.
- Chilled: Store pecan candy in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks for easy snacking.
- Frozen: Candy-coated pecans will last a couple of months in the freezer. Be sure to store in a freezer bag for best results!
I love to stock my pantry and freezer with items that I love and are useful too. These Candied Pecans definitely fit this description! So versatile, tasty, nutritious and absolutely delicious, never be without these tasty nuts!
More Pecan Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Pecan Pie Recipe – perfect pecan pie!
- Pecan Christmas Crack – a ritz cracker toffee
- Glazed Bourbon Pecan Pound Cake – tender, rich & delicious
- Pecan Coconut Banana Bread – super moist & packed with pecans!
- Pecan Pie Cookies – made with 6 simple ingredients
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 lb pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a small bowl combine the first 3 ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the water with the egg white until airy and light. Add the pecan halves and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the pecans. Mix together evenly and spread evenly onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until pecans are browned and the sugar has caramelized. Be sure to stir the pecans regularly as they cook.