This easy recipe makes a sweet side dish!
Honey glazed carrots are both easy and inexpensive but really delicious. In this recipe, carrots are simmered until tender-crisp and tossed in a buttery honey glaze.
You’ll love how fast this dish comes together!
A Favorite Easy Side
We love this recipe because even though it’s so easy (and extra fast) to make, it looks so elegant next to an entrée!
- Bright honey glazed carrots are sweet and tender, full of flavor!
- The ingredients for this recipe are budget-friendly but pack a big flavor!
- Serve alongside almost any meal from a favorite ham recipe dinner to meatloaf.
- Add savory herbs or citrus to the sweet butter sauce.
CARROTS Any carrots work and honestly, I find the inexpensive grocery store carrots to be a favorite in this recipe. Baby carrots work great in this recipe too but might need a little bit longer to cook.
HONEY Honey combined with butter and herbs on carrots is an amazing combo. No honey? No problem, substitute real maple syrup!
BUTTER & HERBS Fresh butter combined with fresh or dried thyme for a little savory (and salt of course) is the perfect addition!
VARIATIONS Add a pinch of dried ginger or some lemon juice or orange peel to the butter in place of fresh thyme.
How to Make Honey Glazed Carrots
Carrots can be steamed or boiled in this recipe. These yummy veggies are quick and easy to prep and serve!
- Cut carrots into ½” slices or use baby carrots. Boil the sliced carrots per the recipe below.
- Simmer honey and butter. Toss with hot carrots.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Garnish with fresh parsley or dill if desired.
- Keep honey glazed carrots in an airtight container in the refrigerator and they should last about 3 days.
- Honey glazed carrots can be frozen, too! Place them in a zippered bag with the date written on the outside and they will last about a month or two in the freezer.
- Heat leftovers in the microwave or on the stove over medium-low heat with a dash of butter and some kosher salt and pepper.
More Carrot Faves
- Easy Oven Roasted Carrots
- Glazed Carrots
- The Best Carrot Cake
- Homemade Carrot Bread
- Creamy Carrot Soup Recipe
Did your family love these Honey Glazed Carrots? Let us know by leaving a rating and comment below!
Honey Glazed Carrots
- 1 pound carrots cut into ½" slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 sprig fresh thyme optional
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Place carrots in salted water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer 5-6 minutes or until carrots are tender-crisp (do not overcook). Drain well.
- Remove thyme leaves from the stem if using, set aside.
- Add honey, butter, and salt to the pan and simmer 1 minute. Add carrots and thyme leaves if using, toss to coat.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
i made this tonight. i used frozen sliced carrots. i also used the ginger instead of thyme. we love ginger :) it was really good. not too sweet, just enough. the blend of the ingredients were perfect. will make this again and again. thank you!!
I am so glad you enjoyed this recipe Melissa!
Sounds wonderful! Can hardly wait to try.
So many recipes have spices that I am allergic to (curry, rosemary etc) & it is wonderful finding one that I can eat as well as my guests.
I can’t wait for you to try this recipe Ann!
Recipes are absolutely delicious and usually have all (simple ingredients) already. No extra stops at the store to buy 1 spice or ingredient we will never use again.
Thank you so much!
May God and Jesus bless you always!
Holly, thanks for this quick & easy recipe. I had never tried honey with carrots before they are the new favorite. Keep the easies coming.
So glad you enjoyed them Susan!
I love this simple and basic (and delicious) recipe for honey glazed carrots! Keep the simple, basic recipes coming!!!
Thank you so much Rita Jean, I’m glad you are enjoying the recipes!!
Thanks for the delicious recipe
So glad you loved it Amy!
An idiot could make these carrots. Come on….be a little more creative.
While this is a simple and basic recipe, not everyone has the same ideas, upbringing or knowledge. As a kid, I was often served cooked carrots with brown sugar but to be honest, never with honey, fresh thyme and butter.
My son is 24 and new to cooking, if I were to ask him how long to cook carrots without over cooking them, I’m not sure he would know the answer since he has probably never done it before.
That being said, I do mainly share simple recipes including many kitchen basics. Feel free to skip over those recipes if they’re not of interest to you.
How rude. Ever hear the saying, “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all”?
Maybe should have tried applying that before commenting.
Wow talk about an idiot , If your cooking is so good and more creative Susie Tyler why are you looking at receipies on line ???? We all look for some thing new once in a while and to my family this was great for a change !!!! You dont like it dont make it and dont eat it ! Its that simple
SERIOUSLY? Why such vitriol against an innocent, humble (and simply delicious) recipe? My family loves this recipe so just keep your comment to yourself, Susie! Better left unsaid.
Call me an idiot. I did not know how. Looking forward to trying the carrots. Sometimes the simple things are the best.