Crispy cauliflower wings are delicious as a snack or a side dish!
Bite-sized cauliflower florets are coated in a simple batter, then tossed in a blend of crispy crumbs before being baked (or air fried) to crunchy perfection.
Toss these cauliflower “wings” in your fave sauces from hot sauce to honey garlic or buffalo sauce.
What are Cauliflower Wings?
Cauliflower wings are not actually wings at all. The name comes from the flavor in the sauce typically used for buffalo wings.
- Buffalo cauliflower wings are a healthier, vegetarian alternative to chicken wings.
- Baked in the oven or cooked in the air fryer, cauliflower wings can be seasoned any way you like!
- Swap up the sauce or keep the sauces separate for dipping. With so many choices, everyone can DIY their snacks!
Ingredients and Variations
These cauliflower buffalo wings are both easy and delicious, perfect for game day or as a snack!
FRESH CAULIFLOWER Fresh cauliflower florets are best for this recipe as they have the best texture. Bags of florets make this recipe easy since they’re already cut and washed.
BATTER A batter of flour & milk with seasonings adds a great coating (and helps the breadcrumbs stick).
BREADING Panko breadcrumbs add lots of crunch and seasoned bread crumbs add flavor and ensure everything is evenly coated. Feel free to add spices to the bread crumbs like paprika or onion powder.
SAUCE Buffalo sauce is made with hot sauce and melted butter. You can make it at home or purchase a bottle of prepared buffalo wing sauce.
How to Make Cauliflower Wings
These little cauliflower bites are as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Make batter & toss prepared cauliflower until all pieces are coated per the recipe below.
- Toss in breadcrumbs.
- Bake (or air fry) until tender inside and crispy on the outside.
Serve hot with a side of carrots, celery, and blue cheese dressing!
Sauces and Dips for Cauliflower Wings
Did you make these Baked Cauliflower Wings? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Crispy Cauliflower Wings
- 1 head cauliflower washed and dried
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce room temp or warmed
- 1 tablespoon honey optional
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, then wash and dry very well.
- In a large bowl, mix milk, flour, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and whisk until smooth.
- Toss the cauliflower pieces in the batter and then place them in a large strainer. Allow any excess batter to drip off for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine Panko bread crumbs, seasoned bread crumbs, and olive oil. Toss the battered cauliflower in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the cauliflower on a parchment lined pan and bake for 15 minutes. Flip and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender-crisp and the coating is crispy.
- If desired, toss the cooked cauliflower in the sauce before serving. The sauce can also be served on the side for dipping.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
In the directions, you reference olive oil to be mixed in with the breadcrumbs, yet there is no mention of olive oil in the ingredient area with the bread crumbs, just with the batter.
Sorry for the confusion, the recipe has been updated. Enjoy Kathy!
Nice and crispy! Made the sauce with the recipe and used it as a dipping sauce. Very tasty. Will definitely make again.