Crispy cauliflower wings are delicious as a snack or a side dish!
What are Cauliflower Wings?
Cauliflower wings are not actually wings at all. The name comes from the flavor in the sauce typically used for buffalo wings.
- Cauliflower wings are a healthier, vegetarian alternative to chicken wings.
- Baked in the oven or cooked in the air fryer, cauliflower wings can be seasoned any way you like!
- With so many choices for dipping sauces, everyone can DIY their snacks!
Ingredients and Variations
FRESH CAULIFLOWER Cauliflower is dipped in a lightly seasoned batter, tossed in a breading, then baked to crispy perfection!
BATTER A batter of flour & milk with seasonings adds a great coating (and helps the breadcrumbs stick).
BREADING Panko adds crunch and seasoned bread crumbs add flavor & ensures everything is evenly coated.
How to Make Cauliflower Wings
Cauliflower wings are as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Make batter & toss prepared cauliflower until all pieces are coated. Drain cauliflower.
- Toss cauliflower pieces in breadcrumbs.
- Bake cauliflower pieces are tender & the outside is crispy. Serve hot.
PRO TIP: Put breadcrumbs in a gallon-sized zippered bag and shake cauliflower until all of the pieces are coated.
Dips for Cauliflower Wings
Did you make these Baked Cauliflower Wings? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Baked Cauliflower Wings
- 1 head cauliflower washed and dried
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce room temp or warmed
- 1 tablespoon honey optional
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine all batter ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Add cauliflower and toss well to combine.
- Pour the cauliflower into a large strainer and let sit 5 minutes allowing excess batter to drip off. Gently toss cauliflower in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on a parchment lined pan and bake 15 minutes. Flip cauliflower and cook 8-10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender-crisp and coating is crispy.
- If desired, toss caulfilower with half of the sauce before serving (I prefer to dip to keep it crispy).
- Serve with remaining sauce for dipping.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)