Cheeseburger Pie is an easy recipe that my whole family loves!
Lean ground beef and onions are combined with our favorite bacon cheeseburger toppings and spread into a flaky crust. I add my favorite cheesy topping and bake until golden.
The results are an easy pie that is reminiscent of your favorite summer bbq meal!
How to Make Cheeseburger Pie
When summer arrives we’re always firing up the grill to make our favorite Jalapeño Cheddar Burgers serving them up with big bowls of Dill Pickle Pasta Salad!
Truly fewer things better than a great hamburger… except a bacon cheeseburger! This easy Cheeseburger Pie combines those same great flavors in a simple pie recipe.
Combining our fave flavors in an easy to make weeknight recipe is the best… loads of bacon, gooey cheese and lean beef packed into one casserole that everyone will rave about!
I like to keep this simple and quick so I pour the filling for this cheeseburger pie into a store bought pie crust (not deep dish). If you have a homemade pie crust recipe you love, you can definitely use it in this recipe or get creative and make a crust with crescent rolls or even a Cheeseburger pie with a bisquick crust!
If you’re looking to keep this lower in carbs, you can skip the crust altogether… honestly this recipe is so versatile the options are endless!
I use lean ground beef in this recipe but you can certainly sub it for ground chicken or turkey if you prefer.
Once baked and bubbly, I let this hamburger pie cool for about 10 minutes and slice and serve. I sometimes put out a fun plate of toppings for everyone to add to their serving… chopped dill pickles, sliced red onion and diced tomatoes to name a few. We serve this with some Crispy Oven Fries and veggies and Ranch Dressing Dip for the perfect meal.
Bacon Cheeseburger Pie
- 1 uncooked pie crust (store bought or prepared)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 5 slices raw bacon chopped
- ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brown ground beef, onion and bacon until no pink remains. Drain well. Remove from heat and stir in bread crumbs, mustard, barbecue sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire and pepper. Place mixture in prepared pie crust.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, milk and egg. Spread over meat mixture.
- Cover the edges of the pie crust with foil or a pie shield to prevent over browning. Bake 15 minutes, remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
If you’re looking for more cheeseburger-y goodness here are a few more recipes I KNOW you’re going to love!
- Bacon Double Cheeseburger Stuffed Mushrooms: Snacking just got a whole lot better! Cheesy, beefy and delicious, these stuffed mushrooms are the perfect party food!
- Cheeseburger Bombs Baked Bean Skillet: You NEED to try this recipe… Tender rolls stuffed with gooey cheddar cheese & tender meatballs, baked around barbecue baked beans.
- Bacon Cheeseburger Soup: Your fave cheeseburger flavors in a cheesy slurpable soup. Serve it with garlic toast for dipping!
- Cheeseburger Skillet Tortellini: This is some serious deliciousness packed into one skillet! Loads of meat, veggies, and ooey gooey cheese.
- Bacon Cheeseburger Bombs: A warm crispy sesame crust loaded up with gooey cheese, seasoned ground beef, onions, bacon and all the fixin’s packed into one neat tidy little bundle!
- Bacon Cheeseburger Braid: Cheesy beef and all the fixin’s baked in a golden braid and ready in 30 MINUTES!
- Salisbury Steak Burgers: Tender juicy beef patties, topped with a rich mushroom gravy sandwiched between a sesame bun!
More Recipes You’ll Love