This recipe brings two dinner time classics together to create these unforgettable Salisbury Steak Burgers! A beefy burger that is packed with delicious things like onions, mushrooms and dijon mustard!
Burgers are a dinnertime classic! They are easy; even on the busiest of nights, and they are always a crowd pleaser! This recipe takes the goodness of a burger and adds a delicious spin to it, combining all of the amazing flavors of Salisbury Steak into a patty your family will be ready to sink their teeth into!
Mushrooms and sweet tender onions that have almost the flavor of Caramelized Onions make these next level!
This recipe comes together easily, despite the longer list of ingredients, when compared to your average burger.
I’ve been making One Pan Salisbury Steak and Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak forever! The flavor created in this recipe makes the extra few moments of prep time well worth it! These Salisbury Steak Burgers will definitely become a family favorite after the first time you make it!
I personally like to spread the bun with a little bit of homemade garlic butter and toast it. Not only does this add extra flavor but it helps it stand up to the delicious sauce!
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
Salisbury Steak Burgers
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups beef broth (low sodium)
- 1 oz package brown gravy mix (dry)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion , thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms , thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
- 6 large rolls or Kaiser buns
- 6 slices swiss or cheddar cheese
- Combine beef, bread crumbs, egg, pepper and flour in a large bowl. Shape into 6 patties.
- In a small bowl, combine, broth, gravy mix, ketchup and dijon, set aside.
- Cook onions in butter over medium low heat for about 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Add mushrooms and cook an additional 3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Brown beef patties on both sides. Pour gravy mixture, mushrooms & onions over top and simmer covered for about 15-20 minutes or until patties are cooked through. Stack the patties in one side of the pan.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Bring the gravy up to a low boil and whisk in the cornstarch mixture a little at a time until gravy thickens (you may not need all of it).
- To assemble burgers, place 1 slice of cheese, 1 patty and a spoonful of mushroom gravy on each roll. Top with your favorite toppings.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)