Do you prefer Apple Pie or Cupcakes for dessert? Pfft, I say why choose when you can have the best of both worlds!
If you’ve never had surprise cupcakes, you’ll love them! They are so easy to make yet look impressive (and taste amazing)! These Apple Pie Cupcakes are soft and fluffy cinnamon infused cupcakes with a surprise apple pie filling in the center!
To make these you will whip up your favorite white cake batter (with a touch of cinnamon added in) and top with a little bit of apple pie filling (store bought or homemade). There’s no need to add extra batter on top of the pie filling, it finds its way to the center of the cupcake! We serve these warm with ice cream or whipped cream. The pie filling makes these exceptionally moist and delicious.
Things you’ll need for this recipe
APPLE PIE CUPCAKES
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- Ingredients required on the box for cupcakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can apple pie filling or 1 recipe Homemade Apple Pie Filling 22 oz
- whipped cream or ice cream for topping optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees & line cupcake pan with liners.
- Make cupcake batter according to box directions. Stir in cinnamon.
- Chop apple pie filing into bite sized pieces.
- Add 3 tablespoons of cake batter to each cupcake liner. Place 1 slightly heaped tablespoon of pie filling on top of the batter.
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
- Top with ice cream or whipped cream.