Bacon-wrapped scallops are tender, buttery, garlicky and absolutely delish!!
They can be an appetizer or a main dish and can be cooked on the grill, broiled, or cooked in the air fryer!
Why These Are Our Fav
Scallops can be one-off appetizers on small wooden picks, or entrée-sized when three or more are threaded on a larger pick.
Cooked in a light garlic butter sauce, the bacon adds a great smoky salty flavor and the scallops come out perfectly tender. Serve with tangy cocktail sauce for dipping!
Fresh scallops and meaty bacon are what makes this recipe really come to life!
SCALLOPS There are two sizes of scallops— small (bay scallops) which are better suited for tossing in a sauce over pasta, or large (sea scallops), for being the main star in a recipe like seared scallops or like this one!
BACON Wrapping anything in bacon makes it better, right?
SEASONING Garlic, lemon pepper, parsley, salt & pepper are mixed with butter to create the seasoning for these scallops!
How to Cook Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Quick and easy these turn out perfect every time!
- Fry bacon until soft but not too crispy to wrap around the scallop.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper before wrapping bacon around each one.
- Thread onto skewers and cook as desired.
For grilling: Grill on medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes.
For broiling: Set under the broiler for 8 to 10 minutes, turning halfway.
For air frying: Cook for 11 to 13 minutes.
The bacon is pre-cooked partway before wrapping. This allows the bacon to crisp up without overcooking the scallops.
Tips for the Best Scallops
- Choose scallops that are uniform in size so they cook evenly. Scallops should be opaque and have a pleasant ocean-fresh smell.
- Soaking skewers in water for 30 minutes ensures they will not get burned during the cooking process.
- Choose bacon slices that will fit around the sides of each piece. If your scallops are small, you can wrap two scallops in one slice of bacon.
What to Serve with Scallops
- Easy Oven Roasted Asparagus – a family favorite
- Lemon Orzo – light & creamy
- Easy Arugula Salad – fresh & crisp
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – kid-friendly
- Spinach Salad – with bacon dressing
Did you try these Bacon Wrapped Scallops? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- 6 slices bacon *can vary, see note
- 12 large sea scallops not bay scallops
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- salt & pepper
- Place short wooden skewers in water to soak for 30 minutes.
- Place bacon in a frying pan and cook about 3-4 minute per side or until just slightly cooked and some of the fat has rendered out. Bacon should not be crisp.
- Dab scallops dry with paper towels and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Wrap bacon around the scallops and thread 3 scallops onto each skewer.
- Melt butter and mix with garlic, parsley and lemon pepper. Brush over scallops.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Add scallop skewers and grill 6-8 minutes or just until bacon is crispy. Do not overcook.
- Place oven rack 6” from the broiler. Line a pan with foil. Place scallops on prepared pan and broil 8-10 minutes, flipping over after 3 minutes. Cook just until bacon is crisp and scallops are cooked through, do not overcook.
- Place scallops into an air fryer at 350°F for 11-13 minutes. Cook just until bacon is crisp and scallop is cooked. Do not overcook.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)