Brussels Sprout Salad. Shredded Brussels sprouts, crisp tart apples, feta cheese, cranberries, pomegranate arils and walnuts all tossed in a tangy honey dijon vinaigrette. This Brussels Sprout Salad makes a perfect side or lunch.
Brussels Sprout Salad
I wish I could tell you in words how much I love this salad!
It’s loaded with fresh fall flavors and tons of different textures. Crisp apples, juicy pomegranate arils, sweet chewy dried cranberries, walnuts and feta cheese are the perfect combination. It’s all tossed in a base of freshly shredded brussels sprouts (more on shredding Brussels sprouts below) and dressed with an easy homemade honey dijon vinaigrette!
Brussels sprouts always seem to fall into two categories… love or hate. I’m definitely in the LOVE category and I always have been. My youngest daughter doesn’t care for them… except in this salad.
When she saw this Brussels sprouts salad sitting on the counter she literally couldn’t stop sneaking bites and finally grabbed herself a bowl and asked me if I could save the rest for her school lunches.
How to Shred Brussels Sprouts
While several grocery stores sell shredded Brussels sprouts, I prefer to shred them at home for this Brussels sprouts salad; I just find they’re fresher and taste better. I’ve actually shredded and washed them and kept them in zipper bag in the fridge for up to a week and they keep perfectly.
They’re very simple to shred and there is no need to remove the core.
- Rinse Brussels sprouts and cut off a small piece of the stem end. Remove any discolored leaves.
- Cut Brussels sprouts using one of the following 3 methods
- Run Brussels sprouts through your food processor
- Slice Brussels sprouts on a mandoline slicer (be sure to use the guard to keep your fingers safe)
- Thinly slice Brussels sprouts using a knife
- Once sliced, place sprouts in a large bowl of cold water to wash. Drain well (I use my salad spinner).
- Use immediately or place in a zipper bag and store up to one week.
This shaved brussel sprout salad is easy to make, (and you do not need to cook the brussels sprouts) and lasts a few days in the fridge so it’s perfect for lunches or as a side dish!
More Fresh Salads You’ll Love
- Greek Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Tomato Salad – Reader favorite!
- Zucchini Salad (spiralized)
- Broccoli Salad – Classic potluck dish with bacon, sunflower seeds & cranberries!
- Fresh Tomato Salad
- Caesar Salad – The perfect caesar salad
Brussels Sprout Salad
- 1.5 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 apple granny smith
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake well to combine.
- Shred Brussels sprouts, rinse well and dry.
- Chop apple and toss with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Combine all remaining salad ingredients in a large salad bowl. Toss with dressing and serve.